currently using a homebrew antenna in the loft on the end of about 10m coax though.
ground level elevation is 42m.
Currently planning to drastically shorten the coax before resorting to a) another design, or b) a commercially available antenna.
Impressed with the box.
t1mb0
Homebrew seems to be working nicely for you
Welcome to the forum
Thanks, got the box in the loft now, with the help of 20m USB extension which works well. Antenna feed now < 1m.
All 'hardwired' to my home office PC, then I use my wireless laptop to roam around the house/garden to RDP to the main PC and run the application.
My loft has a couple of fluorescent lights, and I have noticed without fail that turning these on causes the connection to the hardware from the PC to drop, with only the green light remaining on. Disconnecting/reconnecting the USB gets it talking again.
Perhaps this particular issue is for discussion in another thread.
OK, so now I'm still on my homebrew in the loft, but with the ELAD 1090 pre-amp.
A bit of a difference, my nominal count went from abot 40 max to 140.
Max range just over 280 miles.
Next post will be a screenshot after mounting the antenna above the eaves.
Looking even better, hope that once you get the aerial higher the range to the north will increase
OK, as promised here is the polar diagram with the antenna clear of the chimney outside.
I am quite happy with the coverage, if you're wondering, there is gently hilly terrain to the north and north east of me.
ahh perhaps its a feature of v3.0 when I tried to view that gif I don't see the polar diagram extent, I will see you later
here it is
homemade antenna with ELAD 1090 pre amp