AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Brimon on May 27, 2009, 03:25:51 PM

Title: Flights within range showing as "Network" flights.
Post by: Brimon on May 27, 2009, 03:25:51 PM
I have noticed over the last couple of days that flights well within range,according to my polar diagram, are not showing up on My Flights but are shown under Networked.

Two questions:
Why is this?
If they are "Network" flights I assume I will be getting the 5 min delay?

Any advice greatly appreciated.
Title: Re: Flights within range showing as "Network" flights.
Post by: EGNXR on May 27, 2009, 04:08:05 PM
Hi Brimon,

Bullet point 2 in the thread below

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2552.0

As you say good things come to those that ...........
















wait;-)

Cheers John the impatiant :-(
Title: Re: Flights within range showing as "Network" flights.
Post by: daveg4otu on May 27, 2009, 04:54:33 PM
Why is this?


If they are not showing in your "My flights" it may be that although they are within your polar diagram range  they are in fact too low for your antenna to "see" them.

I have a similar situation here - about 20 miles SW Exeter- I can see aircraft 200 miles away in that direction but can't see aircraft on finals at EX as they are  too low and masked by the high ground  to the NE of me.I can watch them however via networked flights when a  user in a suitable position is  online.
Title: Re: Flights within range showing as "Network" flights.
Post by: Brimon on May 27, 2009, 05:59:02 PM
John,thanks for that now I can join the ranks of the impatient!! LOL

Dave, I hadn't looked at heights before,so you sowed a seed,I will check the next one that comes over,although judging by where I am in relation to some of them I recall seeing they would have been well up. Thanks will let you know

& yes John that tapping is indeed my foot!! Patience is not a forte of mine.