AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Allocator on May 27, 2009, 08:48:59 PM

Title: Fly on Track Website and Airspace & Safety Initative Website
Post by: Allocator on May 27, 2009, 08:48:59 PM
An interesting website run on behalf of private pilots.  Aimed at avoiding airspace infringements, but the "Hot New" section has some good info in PDF format.

http://www.flyontrack.co.uk/

There are some interesting radar replay videos on the site too:

http://www.flyontrack.co.uk/content/radar.asp

Another interesting site run by the Airspace & Safety Initiative group a joint CAA, NATS, AOA, GA and MoD effort to investigate and tackle the major safety risks in UK airspace.

http://www.airspacesafety.com/

The group is also on Twitter if you use it:

https://twitter.com/airspacesafety
Title: Re: Fly on Track Website and Airspace & Safety Initative Website
Post by: Deadcalm on May 28, 2009, 09:49:06 AM
Familiar with that site. I built the original recordings as an adjunct to those I was producing at LTCC for the Training section and Investigation unit, and others.  For Flyontrack (and other public access sites) I had to remove the  code callsign conversion to de-identify for obvious reasons.  I trained up a nice chap from Manchester, who I think is now producing  the recordings.

DC