Been trying unsuccessfully to set up Winsend to connect with LibHomeRadar.
In the connections boxes the SBS connection connects automatically - then eventaully disconnects.
The Radarbox connection fails to make it at all. ...say unable to connect - check Port , IP & Firewall. Does not help with FW off.
The details in the connection box are"radarbox.libhomeradar.org " and Port 8080. and shows "not activated"
Does anyone have any experience of this and what are the correct entries and port?
I have looked at the instructions from the Libhomeradar.org pages and see a couple of possible problems:-
Radarbox.libhomeradar.org needs port 33333 to connect to
collector.libhomeradar.org uses port 8080
if you are running the winsend software on the same system as the RB software the address will be 127.0.0.1 on port 7879 for an RB connect.
Hope these points help.
Thanks for that - but it hasn't helped so far.
Setup is RB and Winsend/Libhomeradar all on one PC that is part of a 3 machine LAN using a Netgear DG834G router . The 3 machines have fixed local IPs.
What I have done....
Installed both Libhomeradar and winsend2.
Added Radarbox.libhomeradar.org as a server in Libhomeradar in Slot1,slot2 is the SBS server...both of these usually connect as soon as you start Libhomeradar.
In Winsend I have added 127.0.0.1 and Port 7879 to the .ini file under Radarbox.
I have allowed Port 7879 /TCP in the router Firewall rules
However it still shows as "not activated" in Winsend control panel.
Do I need to be adding 33333 or 8080 to the router FW? If so under what protocol?
I'm obviously missing something here but can't see what .
MTIA
Have you tried RB's port 30003 output instead of port 7879?
As far as I can work out port 30003 is for SBS ..altho' in fact in the Winsend control panel it shows Localhost/port 30003 as connected under the SBS "input source" as connected (Don't have SBS!) and Radarbox input as 127.0.0.1/7879 as " not activated".
I have at various times tried 7879,8080,30003 and 33333 as ports, and assorted names /IPs as the hostname including 127.0.0.1, Localhost, Libhomeradar.org etc.
Have allowed both 7879 and 8080 at various times in the Router FW rules, tried TCP, UDP, TCP/UDP...nothing seems to make any diff.
Not that this is of world shattering importance.... but just thought it would be nice to feed info to Libhomeradar if at all possible.
One other thought on this. Remember, Radarbox v2.0 can only handle ONE connection on any of it's ports. If you try to connect 2+ things to a port, only the first connection gets valid data.
Didn't know that - thanks-but as it stands RB is running with nothing else tied into it...so don't think that would be the problem (but can't say categorically that it isn't).
Winsend/LHR instructions are a bit on the vague side ..will keep plugging away at it later ...and wait for any further suggestions.....
:)
Quote from: daveg4otu on May 29, 2009, 08:09:59 AM
As far as I can work out port 30003 is for SBS ..altho' in fact in the Winsend control panel it shows Localhost/port 30003 as connected under the SBS "input source" as connected (Don't have SBS!) and Radarbox input as 127.0.0.1/7879 as " not activated".
I have at various times tried 7879,8080,30003 and 33333 as ports, and assorted names /IPs as the hostname including 127.0.0.1, Localhost, Libhomeradar.org etc.
What comes out of the RadarBox 7879 port (namely an XML stream) is completely different from what comes out of port 30003 on either SBS/BaseStation or RadarBox (the latter emulates the former, although it's not currently 100% compatible).
I'd suggest asking the libhomeradar folks exactly what format their interface requires. If it's the SBS/BaseStation 30003 format, then it
ought also to work with RadarBox port 30003.