AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: catman on May 29, 2009, 06:31:36 PM

Title: Radarbox & City Airport?
Post by: catman on May 29, 2009, 06:31:36 PM
Whenever I have my radarbox on I can see most planes from my antenna however occasionally I'll have flights more or less directly over my house from London City Airport and I can see them perfectly in the sky but my radarbox is showing nothing, can anyone tell me if this is an official "bug"?

I've noticed this is more on a turboprop plane then any other plane however I am getting this with other planes too, can anyone shine some light on this subject?

Many thanks
Title: Re: Radarbox & City Airport?
Post by: CoastGuardJon on May 29, 2009, 06:44:15 PM
At a guess, they're probably not equipped with ADSB equipment?
Title: Re: Radarbox & City Airport?
Post by: theripper on May 29, 2009, 06:46:41 PM
That seems perfectly normal to me as most aircraft flying into LCY are not ADS-B equipped (like Dash 8, ERJ135,...). They should show up on the aircraft list but do not send any position data, so they will not be visible on the map. An exception might be the BAEs as a lot of them are ADS-B equipped.
Title: Re: Radarbox & City Airport?
Post by: RodBearden on May 29, 2009, 06:54:56 PM
When Version 2.1 comes along, most of the aircraft should show Fliight ID's (and therfore logos), but, as the last two posts say, they can't appear on the map because of their lack of ADS-B.

Rod
Title: Re: Radarbox & City Airport?
Post by: DaveReid on May 29, 2009, 08:09:57 PM
Quote from: RodBearden on May 29, 2009, 06:54:56 PM
When Version 2.1 comes along, most of the aircraft should show Flight ID's (and therefore logos)

And routes, as well.
Title: Re: Radarbox & City Airport?
Post by: catman on June 01, 2009, 07:25:26 AM
Thanks for that, just wanted to check I hadn't somehow set up my box/antenna wrong.

Can't wait till Version 2.1!