Hi all
Yes this is the life sitting in the garden clear blue skys, BBQ, glass of wine and the radarbox fed live to the laptop so still connected to the outdoor aerial. Binoculars in hand to aid identification plenty off traffic overhead what a great way to enjoy this hobby.
Hope you are all enjoying the good weather.
John
Yes, British weather at its best.
Pass me another strawberry
Woke up this morning to 5 cm of snow on the ground. Lot's of traffic overhead today but couldn't spot a thing if I tried. So much for my day off. I didn't even have any beer in the house. Go figure.
Paul@cyyb
QuoteYes this is the life sitting in the garden clear blue skys, BBQ, glass of wine and the radarbox fed live to the laptop so still connected to the outdoor aerial. Binoculars in hand to aid identification plenty off traffic overhead what a great way to enjoy this hobby.
Hope you are all enjoying the good weather.
Would you mind if we change places for a while John ? Weather here's fine too, but you would have to forget about the rest :-(
Karl
John
You just can't please everybody ;-)
Radarbox Heaven at 05.57 :-)
(http://homepage.eircom.net/~squad701/DSC00579.JPG)
Doing the same here in the North West of England.
My only complaint is that it is too bright to see my lap top screen even under my sun brolly.
Never mind another excuse to go in and cool off, pass the fridge at the same time for another "Hob Goblin"
Andy
Hi All I'm enjoying it again today and glad to see others are also. Love the shot of the trails 701. Anyhow lets try and keep up the "hard work".
John
Am stuck inside working, glad some of you are having fun.
Having said that watch three NWA or is it Delta now, 2x330 1x777 this morning while having breakfast
Was doing some portable VHF work up in the Welsh mountains back end of last week and over the weekend. Superb contrails but no camera and no radarbox. One of these days, when not quite as heavily loaded I will take the RB and laptop with me and see what the coverage is like from 2000-3000ft asl :)
Chris
An opportunity missed.
Malc. you're right. We forgot the wine :(
Hi ya lads I'm sat out side with my computer enjoying the sun for change got my scanner with me tuned in to Shannon EINN all I need now is the radar box and cold beer and I will be a very happy man anyway enjoy all
One of the few advantages of recuperating from a broken hip is watching the skies while trying hard not to smirk while the Wife mows the grass (I'm not that brave....).
She did cuss a bit though when I asked her to throw another serf on the fire as it was getting a bit nippy sat there on the patio in the shade....
Quote from: drskeptical on June 01, 2009, 12:03:41 PM
Doing the same here in the North West of England.
My only complaint is that it is too bright to see my lap top screen even under my sun brolly.
Andy
what I do when I'm out and about in the car is take a cardboard box, maybe the one the laptop came in but you might want something a little deeper, stick it on its side and in goes the laptop, works pretty well
hth
Mark
Logos for SBS and Radar Box
http://freespace.virgin.net/m.coles/logospage1.html
WAL 2t you could use the old wine box! ;-)