Just heard the LS198, ib MAN, currently overhead OCK, declare possible emergency into MAN as they believe part of nosewheel fell off on take off in IBZ. A/C originally inbound LBA.
Has said they will enter Dane hold, drop whell early & investigate with possible low pass over MAN rw.
Sorry that should read drop wheel early. a/c now in DAYNE hold...
Got him in the bins now, but too far away to see if the nosegear is showing. He's doing more than 200kts, so surely can't have tried lowering the gear yet?
Rod in Chorley
He did have a conversation on 134.25 saying they were going to drop the wheel in the hold!
I#m too far away to pick him up now though...
Seems to be heading to LBA now - I've lost him behind Winter Hill - have to watch the network now...
Rod
Sounds like all must be well then , thats good nws.
Sorry - I'm wrong - Manchester it is...
Rod
maybe not such good news..
Well, he hasn't come out the other side, but other traffic at MAN seems normal, so I guess and hope that he landed safely.
Rod
Manchester arrivals board suggests that it landed OK.
Leeds Bradford board merely says diverted to Manchester