AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 11:25:57 AM

Title: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 11:25:57 AM
For some reason - closing the software and  then restarting - it starts the log   afresh each  time   so all prior to the  close/reopen  is lost!

Only just started this odd behaviour ...any ideas please?

Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: malc41 on June 04, 2009, 12:16:03 PM
Dave

Do you mean it is not updating the mylog.db3 file?
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 01:15:18 PM
I guess so....

The   software would normally save all  (in the day) up to the point of exiting the prog - then  on a restart of the prog   the previous items from that day would be there  if the My log was opened - however  it seems to be starting afresh each time you restart the software.
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: AirNav Support on June 04, 2009, 01:24:01 PM
Does MyLog have any data in it?
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 02:07:35 PM
OK - here is what I have done so far ...saved copies of Airnav/Data/Mylog.db3 and Navdata.db3.

Uninstalled the software...manually cleaned up...then reinstalled the software.

Ran the software a couple of times to check it was saving the log  each time  I shut it down ...OK.


  Opened the  Data folder...renamed Mylog.DB3 to mylog.bak(and same for Navdata) the Copied and pasted my saved Mylog.db3 and Navdata.db3 into the Data folder.


Restarted ANRB.  Working OK but only   the Mylog function does not
see anything except today's  entries(after the reinstall) altho' I have replaced the "new " mylog.db3  with the older original ( goes back to April- and I know it contains the info because  firstly it is about 18mbs against the new  one being only a few hundred kbs...and secondly I can read it with  SQLite.)


So the actual program is now working OK and saving  as it goes now - but not reading the old DB3 files.

I'm missing something here I think.............?
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: malc41 on June 04, 2009, 03:00:27 PM
Dave

Only thing I can suggest is that mylog.db3 is corrupt but not being picked up by SQlite ?.... although this should not happen since the last software update (i.e. 2009)

Have you tried saving some data from today, then advancing your computer clock by 1 day and seeing what happens
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 03:33:30 PM
Rather than play around with the dates - I'll wait till midnight and see what happens then.

Something odd -  just tried again with the db3 files....

Closed  prog..... went into the software/Data folder - found Mylog.db3(230kbs) - renamed it mylog.db3x.... pasted in the original mylog files(18mbs) again as mylog.db3(This is the one with several weeks data)....

Restarted ANRB and immediately the 18mb   replacement"mylog.db3 "gets overwritten by exactly the same as the   original 230kb file...

Totally at a loss to  figure this one out.
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: tarbat on June 04, 2009, 03:48:55 PM
One thought.  Are you running Windows Vista?  If so, the database files are in the Virtual Store.
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 03:59:33 PM
Nope - XP-home-SP3 _ I found the db3 files in C/Prog Files/AirnavSystems/ANRB2009/Data...I'm presuming this is where they should be and where I should place my copies of the originals - or is this not the place?
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: bearcat on June 04, 2009, 04:13:51 PM
Hi

Have you been editing some data in Navdata and input an odd or too many characters in a field for example AT, where only 4 characters are required.

I have seen this happen in databases at work. If there is a corrupt record then data will not be picked up after the wrong record until it is corrected.

Hope you get it sorted

Stewart
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: malc41 on June 04, 2009, 04:14:43 PM
tarbat

isn't that only if you let vista install the program were it wants. If you tell it to install somewhere else i.e D:/anrb2009 they stay within that folder?

Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: malc41 on June 04, 2009, 04:16:04 PM
bearcat,
good point but why would this affect mylog.db3 only navdata.db3??
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: bearcat on June 04, 2009, 04:22:29 PM
Hi Malc

Not too sure as I'm not an expert, but I guess Mylog accesses the Navdata for the a/c deatils. Unfortunately at work now and I can't remember the daabase structure.

Regards

Stewart
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: malc41 on June 04, 2009, 04:26:11 PM
Stewart

Understand, looks like it time to call in the experts :-)
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 04:27:32 PM
Haven't done any editing of anything for some time....

As I said - I can open the "old" MyLog.db3  in a reader - it is all there - dates/sessions/message counts as well as the aircraft data  right back to day 1.

If I open the current Mylog.db3  it just has today's  info (after the reinstall)....switch that for the  older   file - it just overwrites the old as soon as  I start the prog.


Where exactly does the  program read from- from Mylog.db3 - or does it perhaps read fromMylog.db3.bak or Mylog.db3-journal?

It's fairly obvious it is not initially reading directly from Data/Mylog.db3 as if it was it would read the  replacement file and display the data from that  ...it must be getting the data that it overwrites with  from somwhere  else.


Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: tarbat on June 04, 2009, 04:30:30 PM
In the MyLog.db3 database, what date are the records in the FlightsOld table vs those in the Flights table?  I'm not sure you can just copy/paste the MyLog.db3 file without ensuring that Flights have been moved into the FlightsOld table.
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: bearcat on June 04, 2009, 04:35:14 PM
Afraid I don't really know.

Sorry

Stewart
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: malc41 on June 04, 2009, 04:36:18 PM
Dave

Just renamed mylog.db3 first_mylog.db3 and ran the program.

It creates a new mylog.db3 (1kb size) which is obviously empty. Then deleted this and renamed mylog back to normal and re ran the program.

It then picked up the details from this file, so I am assuming that it reads the mylog.db3 from the data folder (in XP that is)
Title: Re: Logging not functioning properly
Post by: daveg4otu on June 04, 2009, 04:45:24 PM
 FRom what I can see the Mylog.db3 that I am trying to use covers from 30 April to  today (9am- I shut the PC down- it was when I restarted later that the  problems arose with updating logging - that is OK now ).

Sessions show for all that period (barring time when the box was being repaired)...Flights show for the same period ...Flights Old only show up to 28th May as far as I can see.

Malc - just read what you wrote while I was doing this  post -  yes I expected it to be getting  the info from the data folder - but now I am wondering if there is something obvious that I'm not doing.