AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: catman on June 05, 2009, 07:35:37 AM

Title: USB Hubs With Radarbox
Post by: catman on June 05, 2009, 07:35:37 AM
Hi again,

Was wondering if anyone could comfirm my findings, I've been using my radarbox with just my computer and occasionally with my USB hub which uses an external power supply, I've found when moving from a USB straight to my computer to the hub with the external power to the computer I'm picking up many more flights, can anyone confirm this for me? I'm normally going from 250~ planes to over 300.

Just thought it'd be interesting to see if anyone else shares this result.

Thanks
Title: Re: USB Hubs With Radarbox
Post by: malc41 on June 05, 2009, 08:28:23 AM
Catman

Not sure but stay with which ever gives you the most contacts :-)
Title: Re: USB Hubs With Radarbox
Post by: GlynH on June 05, 2009, 12:59:34 PM
That's an interesting theory...

Would be good to hear the logic behind that from those guys that make the box and know such things ;^)

A powered USB hub is cheaper & easier to fit that a masthead pre-amp!

Regards,
-=Glyn=-