AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: GreekSpy2001 on June 05, 2009, 05:25:16 PM

Title: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on June 05, 2009, 05:25:16 PM
Hi

I have a Lenovo T61p laptop running Xp sp3 and the radarbox 2009 sw is running very slowly.  Screen updates are approx every ten seconds.  Would have expected alot better with this reasonably modern high spec laptop.  It's processor is an Interl Core 2 CPU T7550 @2.2Ghz with 2GB of RAM.  The only thing running of significance is the Symantec Endpoint AV Sw.  I,ve stopped processing photos, not colleecting network data. Still running very slowly.  If I go into File/preferences the screens take for every to change. changed the processing to 2000ms and back to 1000ms with no sinificant difference.

Can someone advice what is going on here?

Also frequently all flights are timed out and the screen is refreshed.  Something is not right here.  Have none of these problems on my desktop PC.


graham
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: tarbat on June 05, 2009, 06:11:52 PM
Does turning off network flights improve performance?
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: malc41 on June 05, 2009, 07:15:57 PM
Graham

What virus protection, if any have you got running.
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: Brian on June 05, 2009, 09:08:01 PM
If you don't have many ADS-B aircraft's on the map. or don't care for the map. 
You can 'Right Click' and Turn off the MAP.  That will speed things up.....
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: AirNav Support on June 05, 2009, 09:16:25 PM
This does sound like the anti virus is kicking in.

Have a read of

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1764.0

It should be similar.
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on June 10, 2009, 08:46:18 AM
Thanks for the replies been away on business for a few days.  Can confirm that switching off network flights does not improve performance noticeably.  I am running a corporate version of Symantec Endpoint AV and could not see an option to exclude the RB2009 dir.  Will look again though.

Graham
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on June 10, 2009, 09:22:17 AM
OK Found the setting but as it is a SEP corporate edition I do not have the access rights to add exceptions.  Am I stuffed or is there anything else I can do?

Graham
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: malc41 on June 10, 2009, 09:26:33 AM
Get some other virus protection if you can?
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on June 10, 2009, 02:06:20 PM
It's a company laptop so I can't remove it or change the config as I'm not given Admin rights.  So unless there is a work around looks like my usage when travelling is not going to be possible.
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: AirNav Development on June 10, 2009, 02:20:33 PM
BTW this incompatibility problem is corrected in V2.10.
Title: Re: Very slow running on laptop
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on June 11, 2009, 07:52:02 AM
Can't wait for V2.10 :-)

Thanks

Graham