AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: ChainHome on June 09, 2009, 01:14:45 PM

Title: Driver for Vista?
Post by: ChainHome on June 09, 2009, 01:14:45 PM
I have just received my RadarBox 2009 and am having difficulty connecting to my Windows Vista Home Premium machine. The hardware light shows yellow and states: "Hardware: Checking". I have removed the driver and re-installed (Version 2.2.4.0 dated 27/06/2007) with no better result. The system installs perfectly on a laptop running Windows XP.

Anyone got any (helpful) suggestions?

Geoff
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: malc41 on June 09, 2009, 01:17:19 PM
Have you checked in the FAQ's the post reference install in vista?
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: ChainHome on June 09, 2009, 01:27:40 PM
Yes. That just seems to clear up the compatibility files problem (i.e. finding the files that used to be filed along with the Program Files under XP).

This seems to be a driver problem since the program will not recognise the hardware while the Control Panel/System says that everything is fine!

At least I can watch live traffic via the laptop (but that isn't connected to the internet).

Geoff
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: colinhall on June 09, 2009, 01:30:39 PM
I have got Vista on my laptop and I had no problem putting it all on there providing you switch the "user accounts" to off then it might allow the hardware to be down loaded, hope it works for you. Colin.ps dont forget to turn the user accounts back on afterwards.
                         
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: tarbat on June 09, 2009, 01:50:09 PM
If it helps, the driver in Vista should look like this

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2443/3610983778_20dfcc12cc_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: malc41 on June 09, 2009, 01:51:30 PM
Tarbat what wuld we do without you!
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: ChainHome on June 09, 2009, 02:07:46 PM
Yes that's the way it looked but it was Colin that hit the nail on the head! Sometimes Vista can be a real pain!

Apparently, if you install the driver with the User Accounts feature turned on, the driver is loaded where Vista can recognise it (but perhaps the program can't access it). I suppose that the way to get around all this is to install somewhere other than in Program Files (which is what the FAQ really suggested).

Anyway, thanks to some splendid help, I am now able to connect on both machines. Thanks again, fellows.

Geoff
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: malc41 on June 09, 2009, 02:11:05 PM
Geoff

Yeah, found that myself with Vista, good old Microsoft trying to run our lives again! or should that be ruin?
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: freqhopping on June 15, 2009, 12:15:07 AM
I just got a new laptop and of course it has Vista, no luck getting XP to install on it either.

My RB won't work.  I don't even get network traffic and it says it's connected.  UAC is turned off. This is what I see for the driver.  What folder does the driver need to be saved in anyways?



Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: puddy on June 15, 2009, 02:45:36 AM
I am a new user and using vista ultimate edition using uac switched on and have had no problems!

could your anti-virus program be blocking airnav dont forget Vista anti-virus and windows firewall?
Try below to install airnav drivers in vista

Please note all this will be done within device manager!!!

for RB driver go my computer> system Properties>device manager>delete airnav driver if loaded found in USB right mouse click and choose uninstall driver place a tick in delete driver software for this device>ok

unplug the radar box and plug back in a box will pop up found new hardware click canel button.

You will now find AirNav RadarBox will be listed in other devices>right mouse click once on the  airnavRadarbox>click update driver software>click browse my computer for driver software> (Tick Include subfolders) then click the browse .

You will find the airnav folder in program files >airnav RadarBox 2009 > drivers> click driver folder once> click OK>click next

2 popup boxs come up the one we need will come up " windows cant verify the publisher of the driver software" click install this driver software anyway.

A box will come up windows has successfully updated your driver software click close 


Puddy
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: EK01 on June 15, 2009, 10:20:10 AM
Thanks Puddy.

Cheers,

Ian

Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: freqhopping on June 16, 2009, 01:37:32 AM
I've done all that and the final result is what is displayed in my attached images.  Until I have a working driver nothing else matters.
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: solarix on June 16, 2009, 05:08:54 AM
You might have 64 bit edition. I have to press F8 (before Windows boots) and disable driver signature enforcement during boot. It's a pain but only way to work until they new driver can be released.
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: puddy on June 16, 2009, 09:47:03 PM
Quote from: freqhopping on June 16, 2009, 01:37:32 AM
I've done all that and the final result is what is displayed in my attached images.  Until I have a working driver nothing else matters.

if you followed my instuctions the images you listed do not come up at all.  give it a try again

puddy
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: freqhopping on June 16, 2009, 11:54:43 PM
Quote from: puddy on June 16, 2009, 09:47:03 PM
Quote from: freqhopping on June 16, 2009, 01:37:32 AM
I've done all that and the final result is what is displayed in my attached images.  Until I have a working driver nothing else matters.

if you followed my instuctions the images you listed do not come up at all.  give it a try again

puddy


What I posted is a result of doing just that.  However, after disabling driver signature enforcement before booting it started working as soon as I plugged it in.
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: HadNav on June 17, 2009, 01:43:29 AM
I've had no problem running Airnav software and drivers on  Windows Vista Premium 32 bit and now Windows 7 Ultimate Release Candidate 32 bit. I ignore signature enforcement, all works well.
Title: Re: Driver for Vista?
Post by: N9JIG on July 25, 2009, 09:23:44 PM
If you have a 64 bit version of Windows Vista such as Home Premium (and I presume 64 bit versions of Windows 7) you need to disable Driver Enforcement during boot:

Press F8 until you get a B/W screen ("Advanced Boot Options").

Arrow down to the bottom of the screen and select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement" and press Return.

MS does not allow one to manually approve unsigned drivers in Vista 64 like they did in most versions of prior OS's, and until they approve AirNav's drivers we have to deal with this. While there are other methods that involve command line arguments or utility software downloads, this method works well, does not involve questionable software, and, as long as you don't boot often, is pretty simple. It is an effective stop-gap...

According to other threads AirNav has submitted drivers to MS for approval but it takes time for them to get signed. Once those drivers are signed by MS and released to the wild this issue will go away.