Hi All,
The BBMF DC3 has been up all afternoon at 10,000ft It seems to be mimicking the Islander ZF573 for height and Squawk or is it a case of a misscode box?
Interesting, they sometimes work as pairs and therefore use the same squawk and the same altitude.
The Red Arrows in transit would do the same thing
The Red Arrows passed over Popham today - did not see them on the box but the mark 1 eyeball saw them fine :)
Quote from: malc41 on June 14, 2009, 05:40:48 PM
Interesting, they sometimes work as pairs and therefore use the same squawk and the same altitude.
The Red Arrows in transit would do the same thing
And just why would Northolt's CC2 comms aircraft work in a pair with a BBMF aircraft?
573 operates at FL100 most of the time.
Hi Viking9,
I read it as the Islanders sometimes work in pairs.
I my own humble opinion I think there were two Islanders up today, one with a misscoded box, or the Islander has two transponders and one was misscoded.
From looking at mylog all the Islanders fall in the 43C38* range with the BBMF using 43C38F-43C398.
Do Islanders carry one transponder or two?
Cheers John
Quote from: viking9 on June 14, 2009, 08:39:28 PM
Quote from: malc41 on June 14, 2009, 05:40:48 PM
Interesting, they sometimes work as pairs and therefore use the same squawk and the same altitude.
The Red Arrows in transit would do the same thing
And just why would Northolt's CC2 comms aircraft work in a pair with a BBMF aircraft?
573 operates at FL100 most of the time.
And if I told you, I would then have to shoot you!
Quote from: viking9 on June 14, 2009, 08:39:28 PMAnd just why would Northolt's CC2 comms aircraft work in a pair with a BBMF aircraft?
573 operates at FL100 most of the time.
I agree, it was almost certainly just the Islander on its own, with RB registering a 1-bit transmit/receive error:
ZA947 43C38F 0010000111100001110001
111
ZF573 43C38B 0010000111100001110001
011
Quote from: DaveReid on June 15, 2009, 03:41:47 PM
I agree, it was almost certainly just the Islander on its own, with RB registering a 1-bit transmit/receive error:
ZA947 43C38F 0010000111100001110001111
ZF573 43C38B 0010000111100001110001011
Clever deduction Dave.