the maps a bit small sorry .....
so whats been happening is that I'm getting aircraft plots that don't produce polar plot info nor do they track across the map ...
as you can see they are close to the wash and at first I considered it military activity
any way the two errant plots are in the alltitude lollipop graph with no corresponding map plot ....I had numerous instances of this yesterday and this afternoon ranging from low level to high and from one to four aircraft seemingly ...also displays blue red and green
any thoughts ?
and this one just now
[attachment deleted by admin]
Haven't you already asked, or is this something different? - http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2889
yes..........
but saw the screenshot forum, I thought that was what it was for rather than cluttering up general discussions ....is there an issue ?
if so you better say quick ...
ok......
nobody any ideas ?
yesterday I raised my mast by 3m ...
this has had the effect of pushing these "false plots[fp] " further east approx 10nm
I also calculated that the lowest altitude I can recieve line of sight at this range is about fl250.. due to tree and buildings close to me ....effectively some of these fp are below my horizon ...suggesting an origin much closer to home ?
couple this to the fact that little or no military stuff is moving over the weekend ..just about rules that out
there seems to be little or no correlation between plots on screen[signals recieved] and the FP's so it would seem that a reflected signal or ghosting is also unlikely. Add to this the fixed nature of the plots geographically a moving transmiter is likely to prodce a moving reflection ?
any thought would be gratefully recieved ....
I have a new set of pics showing the new location if anyones interested .
Purple rain and spurious plots are fixed in the v3.0 beta. Have you tried the v3.0 beta, does that solve your problem?
cheers......
don't think its purple rain having read the various posts ....it certainly doesn't look like the examples posted ....I'm getting nothing anomalous on the map just the height plot.
software is 2.01
firmware is 2.03.1
so no to version 3 yet [having only had the box less than a month] I'd rather get to know the thing first foibles and all before I explore v3.0 beta
I'm assuming that your not picking these up ?[tarbat ] I saw from your polar plot that you can see down the east coast ..
that again would suggest a local cause .....
following tarbats advice ...I installed verision 3 beta
sorry to say I'm picking up the same effects from a similar position ...only they flash off and on quicker ....??? so might struggle to get a screen shot !
just a thought ......as I'm still getting these at the rate of one or two per minute ...but with v3 they only linger for about half a second.
could they be reflections from a site that fixed in relation to my area .....
the only thing that I an think of that would give aregularish signal would be reflection from a wind turbine blade .....but this of course is total speculation
I must assume that I'm the only person getting this phenomena ?
and therefore its probaley some quirk of location and antenna foibles
fatkat
Were are you located?
nottingham approx 12nm ne of east midlands airport
Dear Friend : One would almost think that While we were sleeping a Secret Government Swap took place and the people who are Now at the Helm are some how operating Made to look like commercial airliners that are Flying North / South Grid patterns leaving behind Only "Chem-trails" But when calls are Made to Local Airports or the FAA or even Santa Claus to at Least find out what Where Or even Why the SOP seems to be the exact same No Matter what YOU THOUGHT your eye's were watching take place You witnessed "Simple contrails" But what asked since when do "Contrails" Hang around for the afternoon turning a Once Beautiful cobalt blue sky into an Ugly Grayish soup ? So whatever I witnessed looking thru my Spotters scope was an Illusion PERIOD !!! Maybe you had the same Dillusion ????