AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: phil zech on June 19, 2009, 04:11:10 PM

Title: Help with Upgrade to V3.0
Post by: phil zech on June 19, 2009, 04:11:10 PM
Afternoon All,

I have had V2.0 since Oct 2008.

What should I do ?   Full install or Upgrade from 2.0 to 3.0 Beta.

Either way not too sure about how to download

Do I run or save.

Where do I save to etc.

Any chance of an idiots guide please.

Bid of a novice when it comes to computers !!


Looking forward to having a play at V3.0


Many thanks in advance for any help


Cheers

Phil
Title: Re: Help with Upgrade to V3.0
Post by: bailey_uk on June 19, 2009, 04:15:05 PM
For an Update:

Download and save the file.

Exit any current running programes,
Run the exe install file which will install the update.
Load up the AirNav Programe and it should work fine, with the '3.0 Beta' displayed in the title bar.

Not sure whats best for the full install though?

James
Title: Re: Help with Upgrade to V3.0
Post by: Roadrunner on June 20, 2009, 07:20:58 AM
High there,
I ran the full install after I got an error in trying to upgrade an XP machine. I first used the Add/delete programs to remove the other versions of RB and then downloaded the new 3 beta and saved the file. I then ran the instal and it worked strait away. Just a tip - save to a different directory any thing you may be upset to loose. EG the Outlines, map, colors,Photo folders and after the instal is working copy them back into the correct folder.

Mike