AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: southcoast on June 22, 2009, 07:29:52 PM

Title: Areial Extension leads !!
Post by: southcoast on June 22, 2009, 07:29:52 PM
Hi all, looking for the best place to purchase an extention lead for the aerial as need to get it outside and 3 meters isnt long enough, want something around 6 meters minimum at least. any help with this or any othes issues with an external aerial greatfully received, or is there an altenative aerial to buy thats good for Airnav. I am in Worthing, Sussex.
Thanks.
Roger
Title: Re: Areial Extension leads !!
Post by: nortonbeak on June 22, 2009, 08:23:15 PM
AirNav say that the supplied aerial is not recommended for outdoor use.

There are many suppliers of alternative external aerials, not least AirNav themselves.

http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/order.html (http://www.airnavsystems.com/RadarBox/order.html)

I have one of these

http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm (http://www.ssejim.co.uk/26-sseads1090sj.htm)

For cable I would go to

http://whwestlake.110mb.com/ (http://whwestlake.110mb.com/)

But if you only want a short patch lead, then

http://www.garex.co.uk/patch%20leads/patch%20leads.htm (http://www.garex.co.uk/patch%20leads/patch%20leads.htm)

may be invaluable.