AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Spaice on June 23, 2009, 08:03:09 AM

Title: Merge Database
Post by: Spaice on June 23, 2009, 08:03:09 AM
I need youre advice on the best way to merge the databases, I have around 7,000 records in the RB v2 software and now that I have installed RB V3 in a seperate folder I have around 1700 records on V3.  What is the best way to combine the database from version 2 into version 3?


Regards

Stephen
Title: Re: Merge Database
Post by: Allocator on June 23, 2009, 11:17:32 AM
Stephen,

There isn't really an easy was of merging the databases.  You can copy the following 2 files from your old installation to the new one if you wish:

NavData.db3 - this is your source database of aircraft information

MyLog.db3 - this is the historic record of the aircraft you have picked up in the past.
Title: Re: Merge Database
Post by: Spaice on June 23, 2009, 12:19:09 PM
Thanks Allocator, if I copy the files across from RB V2 this would overwrite the information allready gathered in  RB V, allthough thats not a great deal at themoment and I guess I would soon pick most of them up again anyway.



REgards

Stephen
Title: Re: Merge Database
Post by: jgrloit on June 23, 2009, 12:27:19 PM
An set of Export and Import via CSV files would make a lot of sense.
It would also enable users to sort the table during the reload process, and do batch edits on the CSV files - to correct known errors on Shortform of Aircraft type - etc.
Title: Re: Merge Database
Post by: Spaice on June 23, 2009, 12:35:23 PM
Perhaps this could go on the wish list for the the next version, this would make it a simple process.