AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: RodBearden on July 02, 2009, 09:40:17 PM

Title: Database - BY
Post by: RodBearden on July 02, 2009, 09:40:17 PM
Here's a very simple question to anybody who knows the answer!

In Database Explorer, I use the IN condition all the time. I've just been playing with the BY condition, and can't see what it does.

Any ideas?

Rod
Title: Re: Database - BY
Post by: nortonbeak on July 02, 2009, 09:50:12 PM
Quote from: RodBearden on July 02, 2009, 09:40:17 PMI've just been playing with the BY condition, and can't see what it does.

Any ideas?

Rod

I think that it is a little quirk of AirNav programming. The IN and BY is present in the Database Explorer of AirNav Suite 4. I couldn't think of a good reason for the BY condition in that either. It looks as if it has just been continued through into the RadarBox software as well.

I would guess that it was also there in AirNav 3.1, but the last time I used that was many years ago
Title: Re: Database - BY
Post by: RodBearden on July 03, 2009, 07:44:04 PM
Well, if no-one knows what it's for, can we please get rid of it and leave IN as the only option?

Think of the number of useless clicks it would save.

Rod