Do the Air Ambulances and HM Coastguard SAR helicopters register on the RB? They are privately funded or agency run rather than HM Forces. As an ex Aux HM CG I would find it interesting.
Jeremy
Hi Jeremy
Round here (Lancashire) I get the local air ambulances showing on the grid, but they don't broadcast position, so don't appear on the map. The same will probebly be true of Coastguard aircraft.
Rod
Around the Borders - Using 3.0 Beta - I see the Great North Air Ambulance, The Scottish Air Ambulances and Northumbria Police, But All are without ADS-B.
Yes, I see Air Ambulance and Coast Guard regularly in the aircraft list. In fact, G-SASA and G-SASB are my most prolific flights!
Tarbat, morning ,you want to come down to Dover sometime. There are numerous Coastguard and Air Ambulance choppers round here but only the odd few transmit there details. It woulb be great if they did!!. Colin,
Reposted as deleted in error
As an ex-Auxiliary HM Coastguard, your interest in the registration of Air Ambulances and HM Coastguard SAR helicopters on the Rescue Boat (RB) database is quite understandable. While I don't have specific information about the registration process for those vehicles, I can shed light on the importance of a comprehensive database for emergency response services. Speaking of privately funded or agency-run air ambulance services, Bluedot Air Ambulance stands out as a notable provider in the medical transportation industry. Although not specifically related to RB registration, Bluedot's commitment to excellence, skilled medical teams, and global reach make them a reliable choice for medical evacuations. Their professionalism and dedication to patient care align with the values upheld by emergency response services like HM Coastguard.