I would like to know if in future software we can decrease the time in ftp upload map ?
In switzerland they give in real time the air trafic with inercative map on plane
http://radar.zhaw.ch/radar.html
Some plane can be seen over French area. (Dijon)
Best regard's
Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com
[attachment deleted by admin]
May be another suggestion: user can self define the name of the output file.
Quote from: itestoo on July 13, 2009, 10:36:21 AM
I would like to know if in future software we can decrease the time in ftp upload map ?
In switzerland they give in real time the air trafic with inercative map on plane
http://radar.zhaw.ch/radar.html
Some plane can be seen over French area. (Dijon)
Best regard's
Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com
Laurent,Would be great if we could get this kind of detailed map in RB.
Quote from: Brimon on July 13, 2009, 11:39:30 AMLaurent,Would be great if we could get this kind of detailed map in RB.
Like this?
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3201/2872418656_3ea23561f1_t.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/2872418656/sizes/o/)
tarbat,I hate you! ;) is there anything you can't do on RB?
How did you do that?
Quote from: Brimon on July 13, 2009, 11:51:12 AMHow did you do that?
1. Take any map image, and save it as a jpg in the RB Satellite folder.
2. Work out the map coordinates for the top left and bottom right corners, in degrees/minutes format.
3. Type those map co-ordinates into the attached spreadsheet.
4. Create a .stl file with the same name as the map file, containing the 4 numbers calculated in the spreadsheet.
5. Open the map as your sateliite layer in Radarbox.
Simples!!
Detailed explanation of the calculations at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=1376.msg10356#msg10356
Cheers tarbat.
ps. I don't really hate you lol!
tarbat, what program do you use to save to .stl format?
Windows Notepad will do fine, just make sure the saved file has a .stl extension, not .stl.txt
Cheers Allocator & tarbat works great!
tarbat / Allocator,
With a little help from you guys & Google Earth Pro I got these.
Glasgow Airport: Matches up well to actual location of runway
(http://i30.tinypic.com/a1aol.gif)
And a more general overview of West Central Scotland,again pretty spot on
(http://i26.tinypic.com/214wk5v.gif)
Well chuffed with these, thanks guys.
Tarbat, morning, means your so good at this what is the "easy" detailed way of doing my home area please. This would be great to look at because of the fly overs from Europe and Asia way.Please I might say!! regards Colin. my area is on my profile. please.
Quote from: colinhall on July 14, 2009, 05:57:17 AMTarbat, morning, means your so good at this what is the "easy" detailed way of doing my home area please. This would be great to look at because of the fly overs from Europe and Asia way.Please I might say!! regards Colin. my area is on my profile. please.
Well, you need a good map source first. I've done a quick map centred on your area, but it's only a 1:250k map. Just unzip the attached zip into your RB Satellite folder, and then open the dover image in RB.
Colinhall.
here is a good resolution pic of your area.
http://i28.tinypic.com/bjbdiq.jpg
The figures you need for tarbat's stl file are
52 06'56.36N
0 38'11.23W
50 19'15.36N
1 49'19.01E
I can't get it to line up properly , I think becasue there is an East coordinate in it.Maybe tarbat can advise.
Quote from: Brimon on July 14, 2009, 09:36:38 AMI can't get it to line up properly , I think becasue there is an East coordinate in it.Maybe tarbat can advise.
Spreadsheet copes with east coords okay. Beware that the larger an area you cover, the line-up is less precise. So use small areas.
You can see this with the standard satellite images. It all depends what projection has been used for the map. For example, if I do the whole of Scotland, I get alignment problems.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2549/3719384489_b2d843ac6d_m.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/3719384489/sizes/o/)
Here is my first map for example of Marseille
http://radarvirtuel.free.fr/cartes/Marseille/mrs.rar
But when i want to includ another satellite layer the first one disappear :(
Other question : could you try to purpose a choice between 1 - 5 minutes delay for FTP map export ?
Best regard's
Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com/Marseille
Quote from: Brimon on July 14, 2009, 09:36:38 AMI can't get it to line up properly , I think becasue there is an East coordinate in it.Maybe tarbat can advise.
Here's a zip file containing a map and stl file for that area.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2448/3787596141_a0ce75dfb9_m.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/3787596141/sizes/o/)(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2492/3788410794_c07ae456c7_o.jpg)
This mapping stuff is fabulous and Tarbat is now my official RB hero. Is there any chance of begging a map/satellite file for my area (or centred on Bournemouth which is close enough for me).
Thanks in anticipation.
Nick