A couple shots taken with my RB box at Liverpool airport at viewing point at end of runway 27
Picture no. 2
Is this with the supplied aerial?
No malc41 this is an aerial i bought from Manchester viewing park but i do get better results with it as you can see, sorry don't know the name of it but will try to find out for you. It cost £40 approx 12 months ago.
Just found this web page http://www.panorama.co.uk/uk/products/pmr_magnetic.html this is the aerial i bought at Manchester viewing park
Thanks Boss
looking for a new mobile aerial myself
Quote from: boss on July 14, 2009, 04:43:00 PM
Just found this web page http://www.panorama.co.uk/uk/products/pmr_magnetic.html this is the aerial i bought at Manchester viewing park
Are you sure? None of these seem to operate in the 1900MHz band
I bought one of these for a temporary home aerial when my outdoor one died, very good build and great reception too.
http://www.aoruk.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MD1105%2DKIT%2DC
hope that helps
Stuart
Thanks Stuart, Looks like I might get one of those :)
Quote from: besty8 on August 13, 2009, 10:37:31 AM
I bought one of these for a temporary home aerial when my outdoor one died, very good build and great reception too.
http://www.aoruk.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MD1105%2DKIT%2DC
hope that helps
Stuart
I use the same aerial in the loft, it is a good replacement for the supplied aerial with a longer coax.
EMA,
Just out of pure curiosity, what do you actually get on locally on the RB at 9 minutes past 3 in the morning ?
Is it worth an all night sitting. Just wondered.
Cheers,
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on August 17, 2009, 09:22:02 AM
EMA,
Just out of pure curiosity, what do you actually get on locally on the RB at 9 minutes past 3 in the morning ?
Is it worth an all night sitting. Just wondered.
Cheers,
Ian
I am not up that late just to monitor the RB but have it one whilst at the PC.
EMA (EGNX) has many overnight cargo movements, in fact it is busier in the early hours than at any other time.
Hope that answers your question ;-)
Thanks for that. Probably not worth an all night sitting for Glasgow as they don't have much in the way of cargo flights. Edinburgh departures which I can also usually pick up visually if it is clear enough is better but they usually start leaving from 8pm onwards so no need for sandwiches and bovril for them !
Cheers,
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on August 17, 2009, 09:36:40 AM
Thanks for that. Probably not worth an all night sitting for Glasgow as they don't have much in the way of cargo flights. Edinburgh departures which I can also usually pick up visually if it is clear enough is better but they usually start leaving from 8pm onwards so no need for sandwiches and bovril for them !
Cheers,
Ian
I am told that some people spend all night viewing the cargo movements from Nags Lane at EGNX, I prefer the luxury of my home and radarbox.