Hi guys good morning I recently replaced V2 with V3 beta everything was working well but over the last few days upon opening RB I see the list of aircraft ie Status Mode S and Flight ID but no Registration or Aircraft silohette, the program was sometimes doing this in V2 but nothing as bad as this!
Any ideas guys.
Michael
Michael,
Did you do a full upgrade to V3.0 Beta, or an upgrade?
Did you leave V2 installed?
Hi V2 installed via the original disc, then put V3 on top of V2, do I need to do both?
Michael
Michael,
V3.0 Beta - and remember it is Beta software - installs into a completely separate directory with a new shortcut on the desktop. Make sure that you are actually running the V3.0. The title bar of the window should read AirNab RadarBox 2009 - 3.0 Beta in the top left. Can you see this OK?
You can still run V2.0 if you wish using the old shortcut.
Hi Allocater, I have just deleted V3 and re-installed V2 again so back to the original platform can you copy n paste the URL that I am supposed to be installing please.
At the moment with V2 the only Airline not showing any registration silohette or aircraft is Ryanair.
Thanks Michael
You want the second post in this thread - full V3.0 Beta Download:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2958.0
Don't delete anything else or uninstall anything before I have a chance to tell you the next step :-)
Lets just get V3.0 Beta running first
Do I need to run or just save this?
Michael
Save it to somewhere that you can find it - say on your desktop.
Then run it.
Ok I saved and ran it but only one Icon on my desktop, when I open it says Airnav Radarbox 2009-3.0 Beta-(default.ml3)
At this time I am showing 14 iarcarft of which only 5 have all their details listed and on the address bar inbetween aircraft and airline the silohette writing is missing.
Michael
Are you running Windows XP or Vista?
Do you have silhouettes selected in preferences?
Vista mate and all boxes ticked (its the actual writing thats missing not the silouettes.
Michael
Right, I seem to remember that there was a problem with Vista 'hiding' some of the files if you installed RadarBox in the default Directory.
I think that the advice was to install RadarBox in its own directory on the C: drive.
I'm not a Vista expert - I wonder if tarbat is around?
I'll have a quick search through the forum and see if I can find the Vista instructions.
OK, foun this so far - but still searching.
If you install RadarBox to the default location in Vista the folder can be found at the following location:
C:\Users\xxxxxxxx\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009\Data
- where xx is your Vista username
You might prefer to install in a different location outside your virtual store to prevent security issues and compatibility with certain addons.
And this:
On Vista machines install into C:\Airnav - not to the folder that the installation process suggests.
And this is tarbat's advice:
For any program that continually updates files in its own installation folder, I always recommend NOT using the default installation folder. I'd recommend a new folder called something like C:\Programs, and install Radarbox in that folder - ie C:\Programs\Airnav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009
Then make sure to set an exception for that folder in your anti-virus software.
This then avoid any complications with Vista's Virtual Store.
Just my opinion, but I've used this for many programs that update their own files.
Hi Allocator I put Airnav into the following directory C:\Programs\airnav all is well, so the next question is when I upgrade to V3 from V2 do I use the default directory or the same one as above or another one?
Sorry for all the daft questions.
Michael
Michael,
For V3.0 Beta, why not use C:\Programs\airnavV3 then you can have both versions installed at the same time in case you want to go back to V2
Again, don't do an upgrade, do a full install from the install.exe you downloaded earlier.