How to add to a map of sector CTA (Control Area), TMA (Terminal Control Area) and CTR (Control Zone) Danger, Prohibited and Restricted airspace ?
... by using outlines.
Download the outlines and place the respective *.out files in the outlines folder. Next time you start the program, they will be shown.
CTA, TMA, CTR outlines can be found e.g. here: http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Utilities/Kinetic_Utilities2_Outlines.htm (http://www.homepages.mcb.net/bones/Kinetic/Utilities/Kinetic_Utilities2_Outlines.htm)
Terre,
Do you know of any site where I can download the holding points/patterns for airports. I am looking particularly for Glasgow, Prestwick and Edinburgh. The Bones site just seems to have terminal control areas as you have already mentioned.
Cheers,
Ian
Ian, you can find outline files of various holds in the SBS Ressources. Download the complete package at: http://www.sbs-resources.com/downloads.html (http://www.sbs-resources.com/downloads.html).
After the installation select 'Installation files', then 'Outlines' and then 'Holds'.
Correctly I have understood that the program uses only UK, other countries in it are not present, for example the countries of Baltic and Russia
Quote from: LiveATC on July 26, 2009, 03:00:39 PMCorrectly I have understood that the program uses only UK, other countries in it are not present, for example the countries of Baltic and Russia
Yes, someone has to create the outlines to start with. Could you have a go at creating the outlines for CTA, TMA and CTR zones for these countries?
You might want to check at the jetvision site (http://jetvision.de/sbs.shtml (http://jetvision.de/sbs.shtml) or google for such outlines and check baltic and russian virtual radar websites. The only outlines of eastern countries I know of are polish outlines found at http://www.virtual-radar.de/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=23&func=select&id=6&orderby=4&page=3 (http://www.virtual-radar.de/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=23&func=select&id=6&orderby=4&page=3).
As Tarbat suggested, you can always create any needed outlines yourself using 'Jordans outlinemaker' at http://www.acme.com/jef/outlines/
(http://www.acme.com/jef/outlines/)
Quote from: Terre on July 26, 2009, 02:22:49 PM
Ian, you can find outline files of various holds in the SBS Ressources. Download the complete package at: http://www.sbs-resources.com/downloads.html (http://www.sbs-resources.com/downloads.html).
After the installation select 'Installation files', then 'Outlines' and then 'Holds'.
Thanks Terre.
Ian