Hey guys managed to record and get an eyeball (right over the top of me) of the inaugural flight of Hellenic Imperial Airways B747-200 SX-TIE into EGBB (Birmingham) tonight!
Not often we get Jumbo's coming into EGBB!
A new weekly service began between Birmingham and Athens, with onward connections to Jeddah in Saudi Arabia. This new weekly service is hoped to increase to a twice weekly service in August, subject to demand.
Cheers.
Any idea of the callsign?
It came over my house here in Northampton at about 9500ft (the lowest we get 747's generally), unfortunatley not ADS-B and also no callsign showing on ANRB, callsign should be HT269 I believe.
Hey Malc, sorry wasn't switched on at the time to here the call sign!
Ok thanks for that guys
Quote from: Really on July 26, 2009, 09:37:06 AM
unfortunatley not ADS-B
Well it was a Classic 747, so may well never have been fitted with the right kit.
None of the IMP B742s have ADS-B, in fact they don't display Flight IDs either, so you didn't miss anything :-)
Quote from: Fenris on July 27, 2009, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: Really on July 26, 2009, 09:37:06 AM
unfortunatley not ADS-B
Well it was a Classic 747, so may well never have been fitted with the right kit.
I wasn't expecting that it would. I knew by it's height when it would be over my area (if at all) so at about 11'000 feet I went outside and within 30 seconds or so she came over :-)
I'm glad I did see it as when it starts it's service in August it will be at a time when i'm at work so would always miss it.