AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: N9JIG on July 31, 2009, 03:07:57 AM

Title: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: N9JIG on July 31, 2009, 03:07:57 AM
I have been running my Radar Box on a Vista Home Premium SP1 (64 bit) machine for the last 2 weeks with no problem other than the driver issue already addressed by AirNav.

This evening my computer was automatically updated to SP2 and after restarting it immediately went to the BSD with some sort of error message that I did not write down. I restarted a couple times, with and without using F8 to allow me to load the AirNav drivers but the same message kept occurring. The third or fourth time the computer asked if I wanted to roll back to the last good install, I did this and now everything seems to work correctly again.

I set Automatic Updates to Download but let me install them, and bypassed the SP2 update for now.

The only devices I have connected to the computer are the AirNav box and a DVI KVM switch made by Trendnet. I suppose that SP2 could be barking at either device. Has anyone else had issues with SP2 that could help me figure out if it is the AirNav box or not that is the root of this issue?
Title: Re: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: vonsmalhausen on July 31, 2009, 09:32:32 AM
i have Vista Home Premium SP2 on my laptop ( but i don't think i run a 64 bit ) and no problem with RB here.
Title: Re: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: malc41 on July 31, 2009, 10:42:19 AM
Thanks for the info, think I'll leave SP2 alone for the time being!
Title: Re: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: Fenris on July 31, 2009, 04:12:00 PM
Quote from: vonsmalhausen on July 31, 2009, 09:32:32 AM
i have Vista Home Premium SP2 on my laptop ( but i don't think i run a 64 bit ) and no problem with RB here.

I also have SP2 on my 32 bit Vista, apart from a problem due to the partition having been marked inactive and hence SP2 refusing to install until it was sorted out, it has been installed and working happily both with and without ANRB for months.
Title: Re: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: malc41 on July 31, 2009, 05:08:06 PM
Bring on Windows7
Title: Re: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: Geot on July 31, 2009, 05:40:44 PM
I loaded SP2 on my Vista laptop without any problems to ANRB

GeoT
Title: Re: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: Fenris on July 31, 2009, 08:07:12 PM
Quote from: malc41 on July 31, 2009, 05:08:06 PM
Bring on Windows7

It ought to be an improvement, but I have to say that after SP1 all of my noticeable Vista problems went away. I still think that MS should give a copy to all the Vista users, it was almost as bad as Windows ME in the early days.
Title: Re: Vista SP2 BSD
Post by: N9JIG on August 01, 2009, 01:21:12 AM
Thanks for the replies Y'all! I guess I will give SP2 another shot when I feel lucky...