AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: perezoso on August 09, 2009, 01:24:02 AM

Title: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: perezoso on August 09, 2009, 01:24:02 AM
I have bronze RadarBox.

It was really the result of an accident, you see.  I have recently moved and don't have any curtains in my office as yet.  The RadarBox is near the window, of course, and the tropical sun shines down upon it.

Although its not a not a ferociously hot sun, here at 8000ft, as a result of its exposure, my box has nevertheless recently turned a nice brownish-bronze. 

I actually think it looks pretty good.

But I guess I will cover it up now, although I am tempted to turn it upside down for a few days to get that glamorous patina on all sides. 

Any other custom paint jobs out there?
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: Marpleman on August 09, 2009, 06:58:57 AM
Very amusing perezoso!

I still swear by the "Jet Black" model - just as well really given the lack of sun in Manchester.

As much chance of my box getting a tan as the English cricket team getting their hands back on the Ashes :-(

Rich
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: juangelb on August 09, 2009, 01:50:26 PM
Hi Perezoso...

You can now say that You have an personalized RB !!!!!!!!

Hahhhhhhhahhhha

Cheers
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: malc41 on August 09, 2009, 02:17:07 PM
oh oh, will this start a "who's got the best looking RB thread" ?
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: GlynH on August 09, 2009, 03:25:59 PM
Pimp my RadarBox anyone? ;^)

Now where's my copy of Photoshop...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: Fenris on August 10, 2009, 11:03:41 PM
Quote from: GlynH on August 09, 2009, 03:25:59 PM
Pimp my RadarBox anyone? ;^)

Now where's my copy of Photoshop...

Regards,
-=Glyn=-

Photoshop? Don't you mean tin of paint?
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: perezoso on August 10, 2009, 11:09:46 PM
About 15 minutes after I made the original post, my Radarbox was accidentally pulled to the floor and the USB plug inside it was ripped off the printed board.

Living in Colombia, it would be prohibitively expensive, too risky, and an incredible hassle to send the thing abroad for warranty repair... so I walked down the street and got a guy to solder it.  Fifteen minutes and US $4.50. The box works fine now.

So, seeing that my warranty is probably voided, I think I'll flip it over and give it a tan on the other side too.  I'll post pics if it turns out well.


Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: 73TORANA! on August 10, 2009, 11:16:43 PM
Quote from: Marpleman on August 09, 2009, 06:58:57 AM
Very amusing perezoso!

I still swear by the "Jet Black" model - just as well really given the lack of sun in Manchester.

As much chance of my box getting a tan as the English cricket team getting their hands back on the Ashes :-(

Rich

Aussie Aussie Aussie OI,OI,OI
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: GlynH on August 11, 2009, 04:06:06 AM
Quote from: Fenris on August 10, 2009, 11:03:41 PM

Photoshop? Don't you mean tin of paint?


No. I really meant Photoshop.

If I had the faintest idea of how to use PS I would have airbrushed on some go-faster flames & Carlos Fandango stripes, pasted on a sunstrip with Wayne & Tracy emblazoned across it, cut & pasted a set of alloys to the side, lifted one of those talking radiator grills from the Disney animation Cars, jacked it up at the back and attached a huge exhaust.

Try and do all of that with a tin of paint...;^)

Someone here will, I am sure, rise to the challenge and post a customised RadarBox before too long! :-)

Regards,
-=Glyn=-
Title: Re: My bronze RadarBox
Post by: CoastGuardJon on August 11, 2009, 07:07:24 PM
I hadn't noticed it, but mine is also losing the matt black look and going bronze, albeit in Cornwall, parts of which had 400mm of rain through July!