good day, as I just ordered my radarbox and are waiting for it to arrive, I was wondering
how do you add holding patterns onto VOR's? I see on some of the images that holding patterns are displayed and on other not? - do you just select the on? - or do you need to update something?
thanks
Marc
Good day Marc
(http://www.svham.net/outlines/screen.gif)
It's up to you what showing on map or not.
Chris
thanks for the nice photo, however I dont see Holding patterns as a selection, If Radarbox software is similar to Airnav Suite 4, then there is no holding pattern selection, unless I am missing something
I understand yo can select the following:
disply of :
airports
VOR
NDB
FIX(intersections)
ATC boundries(FIR's I understand as per Suite4)
station labels
there no holding pattern selection, as I said, unless I am missing something..
regards
Marc
Hi Marc
You have right. No holding patterns except if you draw one and load it like outline. Perhaps i'm not sure but i think works.
Chris
We are actually looking for a worldwide Holding Pattern database to add it to the software. Does anyone have access to an updated one?
if you're talking of updating such features,are you adding new(er) international airports such as Bangkok which only has the old DMG in the database ?
Rgds
maby try Jeppesen they deal largely with navigational data- thay do all flight simulator X database and real aircraft database, they also do all Garmin GPS databases.
how do you create a .out file for a holding pattern? Any help?
then we can create our own holding patterns and load it like outline files .out
wil it work?
thanks Marc
hi there, how about the following additions to the Radarbox software:
1. add holding pattern creator, whereby a user can enter the position/select beacon and inbound track, specify if it is 1min or 1 1/2 min legs, left/right hand pattern and then add to onto the map?
2. Lat/Long converter converting degrees to decimal?
regards
Marc