Can the PC-HFDL ACARS program be used with RB and if so how?
Thanks in advance.
G
Quote from: GrimReaperuk on August 16, 2009, 09:12:13 AM
Can the PC-HFDL ACARS program be used with RB and if so how?
Thanks in advance.
G
No. As far as I remember, PC-AFDL uses an HF receiver to detect ACARS signals and then decodes them. RB does not detect or decode ACARS messages, either HF or VHF.
AirNav ACARS Decoder 2 - a separate program - will decode VHF ACARS signals, or will use on-line ACARS data and will transfer this information to the RadarBox software which can then display it.
The RadarBox software will not read data from PC-HFDL ACARS or from any other ACARS programs other than the AirNav program.
I believe you can integrate PC-HFDL & Radarbox with PlanePlotter can you not?
CK
Quote from: CanadaKen on August 16, 2009, 04:08:22 PM
I believe you can integrate PC-HFDL & Radarbox with PlanePlotter can you not?
CK
I've no idea on this one. I did a quick Google search for PC-HFDL and the suggestion was that it was an obsolete program that wasn't supported any more, but I could be very wrong. I haven't used PC-HFDL, but I though that it worked just like the VHF ACARS programs that would plot a position if one was detected, but using HF transmissions instead. I'm way out of my depth here, so I'll just back off and let somebody who knows a bit about how it works give some advice here :-)
Edit: Just read this on the PlanePlotter site:
- For HFDL plotting : PC-HFDL software (http://www.chbrain.dircon.co.uk/pchfdl.html) and an HF SSB receiver
So it looks like you can use PlanePlotter and PC-HDFL together, and you can display RadarBox data on PlanePlotter, but you can't use PC-HDFL and RadarBox only.
Thanks for the reply gents I will look in to Planeplotter as I have not used that yet.
Have you tried JSTARS - not a plotting program, but another way of generating logs and creating alerts for traffic you are interested in.