Morning all.
As I was suffering from a sever hang over, (too much wine last night) I sat down turned on the 785xlt, and started to half listen to the normal air traffic chatter.
Staring into my glass of water watching the two pills fizz into nothing, I hered BMA7275 reporting a fault with one of the doors and needed to retururn to Manchester.
Air traffic control asked him if he was decalring an emergency, the pilot replied "no" just need to return to get it checked out.
Air traffic control re routed him and held him in a loop I suspect to dump his fuel, the routed him him to land. You can see from my screen shots his general holding and route back to Manchester.
But then ATC sent a message from the"Company" saying that he is ok to continue no need to return.
The pilot continued to return to Manchester and landed.
I wonder how the company new he was ok to continue?
Could this be ACARS information or do they have some other system?
Andy
Quote from: drskeptical on August 23, 2009, 08:29:23 AMCould this be ACARS information or do they have some other system?
Goodmorning Andy,
Yes it is verry good possible that the conversations are gone with ACARS. Radio contact between this aircraft and company is possible as well.
Hi John
I see, of course. They will have their own private company frequency to use.
Many tahnks
Andy.
Andy,
You want www.airscene.co.uk
Click on the UK ATC guide (it's free) and you will get all the frequencies used including the company ones used by the airlines to talk directly to their aircraft.
Cheers,
Ian
Quote from: EK01 on August 23, 2009, 06:50:26 PMYou want www.airscene.co.uk
Click on the UK ATC guide (it's free) and you will get all the frequencies used including the company ones used by the airlines to talk directly to their aircraft.
Can you be a bit more specific about the URL for the ATC guide? There's nothing obvious on the home page.
Quote from: DaveReid on August 23, 2009, 10:23:20 PM
Quote from: EK01 on August 23, 2009, 06:50:26 PMYou want www.airscene.co.uk
Click on the UK ATC guide (it's free) and you will get all the frequencies used including the company ones used by the airlines to talk directly to their aircraft.
Can you be a bit more specific about the URL for the ATC guide? There's nothing obvious on the home page.
Select "Airband" from the menu. Select "Aviation Frequency Database". Takes you to
http://www.airscene.co.uk/tinc?key=lcQ5Iywa&formname=uk_avi_db (http://www.airscene.co.uk/tinc?key=lcQ5Iywa&formname=uk_avi_db)
Apologies for the lack of information on that one guys and thanks to nortonbeak for providing the exact link. Just click on it as shown on his reply above and it will take you to the frequencies and away you go. Spend the rest of the day going through all the pages shown. I have being using it for so long having printed off the details that I neglected to provide enough info to the link.
Cheers,
Ian
Thanks to both.
Hi
Thanks for the information. I will try this.
Andy