Hi
As with the previous versions we are making V3.02 available on our beta testers forum prior to its public release.
List of corrections:
1- Port 30003 final bugs corrected: fully compatible with SBS-1 output port;
Detail:
- MSG Type 6 message should contain altitude, but doesn't
- SEL message shouldn't have an extra comma at the end (after the Flight ID)
- SEL message should be timestamped with local time
2- Alerts still with problems: 75% of Alerting routines code changed;
3- MyLog minor errors corrected;
4- Network timeouts now Ok.
5- Machine freezing when going into screensaver or suspend mode.
6- Preferences box (on low resolution screens with large front the buttons at the bottom cannot be seen).
Download link:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/beta/anrb.exe
Again it important that this exe is not passed to anyone outside this board.
Hi
Have you removed the V3.02 file, link will not allow me to download it.
Thanks
Andy
Try again.
Thank you, now works
Andy
Quote from: AirNav Development on August 24, 2009, 03:49:46 PMTry again.
Is it still the same version?
The version from this morning seems very unstable when using port outputs and network input. Numerous failures:
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2587/3852300721_a1ab56418a_m.jpg) (http://www.flickr.com/photos/tarbat/3852300721/sizes/o/)
I've reverted back to v3.01.
And I must still be the only one in the whole world where the menus have got even worse than before and when the app is running using my PC is like wading through treacle :-(
It seems to be consuming more CPU cycles than before here regularly topping the the league table with 30+% or so dropping to just below 20%
Regards,
-=Glyn=-
Apart from the port 30003 access problem, at first glance everything seems to be working OK. The Network timeouts have gone, I'm getting Alerts and all the aircraft seem to be out there :-)
Testing continues.
Edit: Processor loading on the laptop doesn't look too bad. It's hopping around a bit, occasionally peaking at 93%, but mostly it's in the 10 to 50% range averaging around 30%.
Everything seems ok this end apart from the port 30003 problem.
Alerts working ok
Mylog working ok
Network Timeouts ok
No freezing of machine when screensaver operates
No problems with menus
Will test some more tomorrow
Andy
As other say, as long as you keep clear from using port 30003, this version looks stable. Even multiple connections to port 7879 work okay.
Menus are responsive, at busy times only taking between 6-14% CPU.
A re-install seems to have fixed the distance issue.
Alerts working fine.
Network timeouts okay.
I don't use the ports so thats not an issue for me.
Kevin
A new exe is available at:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/beta/anrb.exe
The 30003 port problem should be corrected.
Pls continue to test this application. We believe we are getting closer to an end (Non Beta version finally released).
Installed and testing ;-)
I will leave it running all day and have set up several alerts.
A very quick test of the new exe before going off to work at it looks OK so far. Port 30003 and JSTARS are working together nicely. Thanks AirNav. More testing tonight.
Agreed. The latest version of 3.02beta appears to be very stable. I'm off out today, but I'll leave Radarbox running today feeding into Planeplotter/FD7 and MilModeSLogger.
Currently 92 Myflights 702 Network flights, 5 alerts set have all worked okay.
CPU usage is ticking over nicely at 7% - 12% with no menu stutter.
I really like the visible aircraft history below the photo's.
This looks good Airnav, although I am sure others will find something to complain about on its general release.
V3.02 working perfectly no issues here. Located 8km SE EINN.
Well done Airnav, you have a winner!
On the 22 of July you wrote:
>-Flights on the network grid still jump around but not as bad as in the last exe...or so it seems so far.
We are still working on this one.
This problem still exists.
Frank
The only thing I have noticed is that on one of my PC's which is set to go in to sleep mode after 60 mins, on resume I get ANRB.exe stopped working and the program closes. Prior to this it use to just pick up when my PC woke up.
I do not see this as a big issue and all alerts set have reported fine, no problems with network etc.
The only item I cannot test is the ports because I do not use those features.
I have tried hard to break it without success ;-)
Kevin
I've tested both standby and hibernate, and this latest beta survived both events (as did previous v3 versions).
AirNav
Everything is working how it should be this end, Thank you again for your hard work.
Andy
Quote from: tarbat on August 25, 2009, 04:01:22 PM
I've tested both standby and hibernate, and this latest beta survived both events (as did previous v3 versions).
Previous versions worked for me as well but for some reason 3.02 ANRB.exe does not survive standby from my Dell XPS it happens everytime although as I said previously I am not bothered just reporting back.
All seems to be working well with V3.02. Stable with no obvious bugs that I've found.
Same here - all seems very stable - no bugs with the existing code that I've seen.
Worth saying that I'm seeing more alerts now as well.
So, is this version ready for public beta?
Looks like it :), we just need a few more thumbs up from other beta users.
We have identified 3 problems with the current version (minor ones) and one of our programmers is working on them for the next 2 days. After that all seems to be Ok for public beta.
The latest beta has been 100% stable. Great job AirNav.
Paul@cyyb
Quote from: AirNav Development on August 26, 2009, 02:12:57 PM
We have identified 3 problems with the current version (minor ones) and one of our programmers is working on them for the next 2 days. After that all seems to be Ok for public beta.
Don't break anything!
Two full days of testing with no major issues.
We had better get our tins hats ready for the public release :-)
Also had two days of running with no issues.
Tin Hat Time !