Has anyone else noticed that we don't get any photos for aircraft with registrations in the Colombia HK- series?
My photos folder hasn't got any, but thanks to our Bogota correspondent, they often appear on the network, most often of Aires.
Is something going wrong with AirNav's lookup of these registrations in Airliners.net? They are slightly unusual in being formatted HK-nnnn or HK-nnnnX or HK-nnnn-X.
Rod
Quote from: RodBearden on August 26, 2009, 06:46:09 PMHas anyone else noticed that we don't get any photos for aircraft with registrations in the Colombia HK- series?
My photos folder hasn't got any, but thanks to our Bogota correspondent, they often appear on the network, most often of Aires.
Is something going wrong with AirNav's lookup of these registrations in Airliners.net? They are slightly unusual in being formatted HK-nnnn or HK-nnnnX or HK-nnnn-X.
Yes, it's the old "incorrect aircraft details" chestnut again.
For example B737 HK-4635-X (the former EasyJet G-EZJN) comes up on RadarBox as "HK-4635", and although the correct type and MSN are show, the incorrect registration won't match any photos on airliners.net.
See http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/4/8/6/1561684.jpg
I understand that following the imminent release of V3, the whole issue of aircraft details/photos is going to be revisited.
Thanks, Dave
Just out of interest, do you know the significance of the -X on the end of some of the HK- registrations?
Rod
I just did a little experiment to prove your point - HK-4635 came up on the network, without photos. A search for that registration on Airliners showed several photos, but with the registration showing as HK-4635-X.
I changed the database to that, and the photos appeared. I wonder if AirNav can get round this problem.
Rod
Rod
I looked up each one of the HK- registrations in my navdata and changed each one to the format used on airliners. Spanish Airforce jets also require changing as the navdata includes the full stop after the first letter and airliners does not.
I.E. A310 T.22-2 in your Navdata, is found on Anet as T22-2
Quote from: RodBearden on August 27, 2009, 12:06:51 PMI wonder if AirNav can get round this problem.
Rest assured, AirNav are indeed looking at potential solutions to the problem of incorrect aircraft data and/or photos.