AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: GreekSpy2001 on September 07, 2009, 10:41:34 AM

Title: Routing info
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on September 07, 2009, 10:41:34 AM
Where is  the routing info derived from.  Is it a just a db based on the the presented flight number?  Or can it come the aircraft?  Reason I ask is that I have a Belgian AF C130 on at the moment, Flight ID as BAF619 but shows the routing EGQL-EBBR (leuchars Brussels).  So is this  its actually routing or just some spurious info stored in a db?

Thanks

Graham
Title: Re: Routing info
Post by: DaveReid on September 07, 2009, 12:06:53 PM
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on September 07, 2009, 10:41:34 AMWhere is  the routing info derived from.  Is it a just a db based on the the presented flight number?  Or can it come the aircraft?  Reason I ask is that I have a Belgian AF C130 on at the moment, Flight ID as BAF619 but shows the routing EGQL-EBBR (leuchars Brussels).  So is this  its actually routing or just some spurious info stored in a db?

The route displayed is from a table in NavData.db3, there is no provision in Mode S for aircraft to transmit route details.

However it won't come as any surprise to you that the Belgian Air Force doesn't fly regular scheduled services, so any association between a specific flight number (e.g. BAF619 in your case) and a particular route is pretty meaningless and I don't know why it's even in the database.

I've picked the BAF Airbuses with this callsign on numerous occasions, heading in lots of different directions.
Title: Re: Routing info
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on September 07, 2009, 04:21:33 PM
As suspected but threw me at first.

Ta

Graham
Title: Re: Routing info
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on September 07, 2009, 04:24:19 PM
However, Leuchars show is Saturday.  I'm sure there will be a Belgian presence.  I picked up a Belgian Army A109 at the same time and it was reported flying over Northolt.....

So maybe.........

Que the X Files music
Title: Re: Routing info
Post by: tarbat on September 07, 2009, 04:32:39 PM
Begium F16 expected at Leuchars this weekend - http://www.f16demo.be/

Although FlyteComm (http://www.flytecomm.com/cgi-bin/trackflight) currently has BAF619 as en-route from EBBR to St. John's, NL, Canada (CYYT).