AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Tramline on September 07, 2009, 11:33:55 AM

Title: How do I download latest Beta version without impacting on my v2.01?
Post by: Tramline on September 07, 2009, 11:33:55 AM
Hello,

I'm running the standard v2.01 on my Windows XP netbook and would like to tryout the latest beta version, BUT....

1. Where can I download it from?
2. More importantly, I want it seperate from my v2.01 so it does not conflict or overwrite my 'running version' - BUT how can I ensure this happens...just in case the new beta crashes I don't won't to be left without my RB?

I'm a technophobe, so I apologise!

Any other hints or comments I'd be grateful. 

Many thanks,

Title: Re: How do I download latest Beta version without impacting on my v2.01?
Post by: bearcat on September 07, 2009, 12:40:20 PM
You can download the beta(test) version from the link below and yes you can install it seperately from v2.01

http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/ANRB301BetaSetup.exe.

Or you could hang on for a few days as V3.02 is due to be released



Stewart
Title: Re: How do I download latest Beta version without impacting on my v2.01?
Post by: Tramline on September 07, 2009, 12:44:00 PM
Quote from: bearcat on September 07, 2009, 12:40:20 PM
You can download the beta(test) version from the link below and yes you can install it seperately from v2.01

http://www.airnavsystems.com/download/anrb/ANRB301BetaSetup.exe.

Or you could hang on for a few days as V3.02 is due to be released



Stewart


Thanks Stewart,

Makes sense to hold on for V3.02.

Can you or anyone advise how I ensure its downloaded into a seperate location rather than overwrite or conflict with me V2.01?

Many thanks,

Paul
Title: Re: How do I download latest Beta version without impacting on my v2.01?
Post by: bearcat on September 07, 2009, 01:31:32 PM
I'll have to have a look later i'm at work now

Regards

Stewart
Title: Re: How do I download latest Beta version without impacting on my v2.01?
Post by: Andy Frost on September 07, 2009, 01:59:36 PM
If you do the full download of 3.01 Beta then you should be able to choose where you install it. I have had 3.01 Beta running on my computer together with version 2.0. I've uninstalled 3.01 Beta and version 2.0 still runs fine and I've also had both versions running successfully on my computer, though obviously not at the same time.

I seem to remember that by default 3.01 Beta wants to install itself on a directory separate from the version 2.0 default anyway. i.e. C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009-3.01 Beta instead of C:\Program Files\AirNav Systems\AirNav RadarBox 2009.

The full download of 3.01 Beta can be found at http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3141.0 (http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3141.0).

Hope that helps.

Title: Re: How do I download latest Beta version without impacting on my v2.01?
Post by: bearcat on September 07, 2009, 06:34:00 PM
Hi Tramline

Just had a look and it picks the default location that Andy mentions, his memory is a lot better than mine :-)

Regards

Stewart