AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: AirNav Support on September 16, 2009, 04:18:53 PM

Poll
Question: Live Network Poll
Option 1: Would you pay extra for real-time access to the RadarBox network?
Option 2: Would you stay on the current delayed network option if a Live option was available?
Option 3: Don't use the network
Title: Live Network Poll
Post by: AirNav Support on September 16, 2009, 04:18:53 PM
We would be interested to hear your opinion about making the network live. We don't want a discusion about laws etc.. but just whether you would be intrested in it and any issues you think may arrise.
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: abrad41 on September 16, 2009, 04:27:59 PM
I have gone for the real-time access, depending on the price and other rules and regs.

Andy
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: Allocator on September 16, 2009, 04:36:46 PM
I've voted for live data at an additional cost - providing that cost is reasonable.
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: RodBearden on September 16, 2009, 04:38:29 PM
To be honest, I've never been worried about the delay, but maybe I could be persuaded by trying it out.

Perhaps a free trial period for everybody may encourage people to sign up.

PS The thought just crossed my mind - does this have any implications for the 5-minute delay in recording?

Rod
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: prbflight on September 16, 2009, 08:31:10 PM
I'm also interested in live data but it would have to be at a very reasonable price otherwise I would be just as happy to stay with the network as it is.  Not a lot of interfering traffic where I live!

Paul@cyyb
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: pjm on September 16, 2009, 09:28:46 PM
I voted no, because I rarely use the network feature. Its a nice "toy" to play with occasionally, but not something I'd pay for.

More and more internet sites seem to be displaying real time data for free.

I would like to have real time data coming from the RB program for my own local use though.
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: AirNav Support on September 16, 2009, 10:07:22 PM
The ports and recording will still be delayed. This is to ensure we don't end up with a scenario where everyone puts it on the Internet and nobody else sees the need to buy a RB.
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: tarbat on September 23, 2009, 11:12:03 AM
I would really like real-time network on the odd occasion, but not sure I would pay for it every month/year.
Title: Re: Live Network Poll
Post by: tarbat on September 26, 2009, 02:13:27 PM
FYI, a couple of videos showing the transition from hardware to network during beta testing of the real-time network:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiiLcJhjaOA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEJOHvQ4Bbw