?
Quote from: romdouk on September 29, 2009, 05:07:51 PM
What file do I need to copy from the Data folder in order to keep my amended database as it is when I install the new v3.06?
Hi Terry,
To keep your amended database you should copy the "NavData.db3" file.
Hi Terry
You can edit your database with an SQL editor. Although I'm not an expert I used SQL Lite Browser.
Point 2 I think actype is a hangover from a previous version and there is no way to change it
Stewart
SQLite Maestro is good, but not free. I use it for all my database editing, reporting, queries, etc.
Hi Terry
I've used SQ Lite to do mass updates/delete. Have a look at this site, I find it helpful
http://www.w3schools.com/SQl/sql_intro.asp
Make a copy of your Navdata file to practice on, so you don't break your main file
Hope this helps
Stewart
Just to clarify, SQLite is the database platform chosen by AirNav (and, prior to that, by Kinetic) to host the data embedded in their respective products.
SQLite is a pretty standard implementation of SQL (Structured Query Language), an industry-standard language for defining and manipulating databases and the data therein, with other probably better-known implementations including MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server, etc)
There are dozens of utilities available to allow a user to interact with an SQLite database using SQL commands - some are free and some are shareware or commercial products such as SQLite Maestro. Similarly, some have a nice GUI front end to make the data definition and manipulation process easier, whereas some are fairly crude (but equally powerful) command-line tools which demand a bit more knowledge of SQL.
My personal preference is for the latter (see www.sqlite.org/download.html), but that's probably a result of having lived and breathed SQL for the last 20 years :-)