I think I've found all I need to know except:-
1)
I want to publish my SBS logs to my local airport group (BAEG / OTT group). How do I extract the data and what information can I extract?
2)
Can I get some local mapping from somewhere to interface with the RB software? I'd ideally like to reference the aircraft plots/tracks with landmarked on the ground. e.g. towns and rivers.
Apologies if this has been covered before.
Nick
Hi Nick
1 - there is a Reporter function which can publish your daily logs as emails, and you can click a button to get the daily log emailed at midnight to any email addresses you want - see screenshot below for the screen.
2 - the software includes the ability to download NASA images of anywhere on Earth. You can also use any suitable mapping, eg Google Maps, if you use the Excel trickery provided by Tarbat in another thread. You can also add Custom Labels to the map to pinpoint any points of interest you want.
I suggest you download the software and use it in demo mode before you buy - you will be able to see all the features before buying the box.
Hope that helps.
Rod
Thanks.
I've seen some posts by Tarbat, so assume he's a guru on AirNav systems.
Nick
Hi Nick, stop thinking about it , and do it, you'll have no regrets! Any problems will be readily fixed if posted in here. AirNav themselves monitor the Forum and answer queries, problems, suggestions etc.. Tarbat and Allocator answer most and Rod keeps the logos coming fast and furious!
I agree with CoastGuardjon - just go for it Nick.. I am not an aviation expert, more of a novice, but have great fun using the ANRB watching the planes passing by into Heathrow from my window right next to my PC. As for the forum - it's an abyss of information from expert advice right down to gutter level bitching at times (sadly!).
In my experience, Airnav (and others) are always very prompt and helpful if you have any problems.
Well I bought my Radarbox today. It's working but the coverage from my home is terrible. The main problem being I'm half way down a hill as my home town is in a valley. In a certain direction (about S.East) I'm getting about 40 miles max I reckon but nothing elsewhere. There's not much traffic at present so I'll get a better picture of coverage tomorrow morning.
Meanwhile at least I've got the netwrok coverage to backup the hardware reception.
Nick
Congratulations, Nick and good luck with the coverage - I'm sure you've got the message by now that the higher you can get the aerial, the better, and that the supplied aerial isn't good for prolonged outdoor use - there's plenty of advice on outdoor aerials in many threads on the forum.
Enjoy!
Rod
Nick,
If you are in a valley then your geography will limit your reception as much as the aerial you use. Signals will not go through hills regardless of what aerial you put up. The real time network is for you.
Good luck.
J.
Congrats Nick,
I've only had mine a week and thoroughly enjoying it.
My signal reception is not the greatest, but I'm going to add an outdoor antenna.
I'm finding the local aircraft I can get, are reasonably well supplemented by the network traffic.
Good luck with it.
Cheers,
Paul.
I've played around with the aerial location and the coverage is better. I can get about 60 miles out in the south and east directions, which picks up Southampton/Goodwood, the Isle of Wight down to the Cherbourg peninsula. North and West I only get about 10/15 miles I reckon.
So far today 'My Log' shows 549 flights since 6.27am, so I'm not unhappy with the product at all.
I've some questions from initial usage but I'll start another thread for those.
Thanks to all
Nick