i'am interested in rb and just trying the new beta in demo-mode.
* is there any chance to alter the information displayed in the aircraft-label (e.g. just callsign, level, speed)
* the signs for vor and ndb facilities on the map are much to big, can they be changed in any way - i prefer small icons (e.g. circle with different colors) same size as the blue fix triangle
* is it possible to change the style of the extended rwy centerline to just a dashed line
with 1nm intervalls
* maybe airways as well as dashed lines with 5 or 10nm intervalls
Mr K, welcome to the forum!
The answer to 1, 2 and 3 is no, although you could create custom runway centrelines as an outline file - but it would be a lot of work.
To number 4, I don't use the standard RB airway maps in the UK, I use different outline files. However, all these outline files are produced by a file that makes up the outline using start and finish lat/lon points to draw the line, so creating dashed airway lines would be a huge job.
I don't tend to have the NOR/NDB/Fixes showing on my screen - you can switch them off or make them a colour very similar to the background colour so that they don't stand out so much.
thank you for the qiuck reply
i got some more =)
* how many minutes long is the path vector in front of an a/c and can i change this parameter in any way (any config-file maybe - preferences don't offer this option)
* is it possible to get rid of the toolbars/statusbars at the top/bottom of the screen to enlarge the radar
* i can't move the toolbars - don't know whether this is intended or not
I agree with questions, and I look forward to hearing from developers.
Quote from: MrK on October 02, 2009, 09:30:04 AM
thank you for the qiuck reply
i got some more =)
* how many minutes long is the path vector in front of an a/c and can i change this parameter in any way (any config-file maybe - preferences don't offer this option)
* is it possible to get rid of the toolbars/statusbars at the top/bottom of the screen to enlarge the radar
* i can't move the toolbars - don't know whether this is intended or not
No to all of these at present.
The vector is a fixed length (time) but you can switch it on or off.
The positions of the toolbars - or at least being able to move them, I think has been added to the long-term 'wish list'.
I don't use the vectors, as I think that it makes the picture look very cluttered, but having taken a very quick measurement and calculation I think that the vectors project approx 3 minutes ahead, or about 20 nm.