AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: MrT on October 03, 2009, 05:19:55 AM

Title: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: MrT on October 03, 2009, 05:19:55 AM
Guys,

This is probably a stupid question, but when I am running RadarBox and connected to the internet, is there anyway (quick keypress) I can use to block/stop receiving network data?

Sometimes I just want to monitor my local traffic.

Do I have to either disconnect from the net or use filters or something equally as crude?

Cheers,
Paul.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: nortonbeak on October 03, 2009, 05:43:50 AM
You can just untick the Network data box to stop receiving the Networked aircraft.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: MrT on October 03, 2009, 05:59:28 AM
Duh!

I knew it was a simple click somewhere.

Thanks mate.

Paul.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: BOM1 on October 04, 2009, 07:28:16 AM
Paul

You could also go to the Advanced tab and untick show network flights.  That way you still get the network flights, and any updates, without them being displayed.

Steve 
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: Allocator on October 04, 2009, 07:33:40 AM
Quote from: BOM1 on October 04, 2009, 07:28:16 AM
Paul

You could also go to the Advanced tab and untick show network flights.  That way you still get the network flights, and any updates, without them being displayed.

Steve 

That doesn't seem to be working on the latest Beta V3.06.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: MrT on October 04, 2009, 07:40:15 AM
Thanks Steve and Allocator,

I'll give that a go.

Paul.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: landyman on October 04, 2009, 10:24:26 PM
Quote from: nortonbeak on October 03, 2009, 05:43:50 AM
You can just untick the Network data box to stop receiving the Networked aircraft.

Where is that located?
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: AirNav Support on October 04, 2009, 10:34:10 PM
Click Network then look at the bottom left of screen. You should see the tickbox.

Further information and help is at:

http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=607.0
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: landyman on October 04, 2009, 11:54:09 PM
Many thanks.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: BOM1 on October 05, 2009, 08:58:24 AM
Allocator

The show network flights on/off (through advanced tab) is working OK for me in 3.06.

Steve
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: Fenris on October 05, 2009, 09:38:25 AM
Quote from: BOM1 on October 05, 2009, 08:58:24 AM
Allocator

The show network flights on/off (through advanced tab) is working OK for me in 3.06.


I tried it out last night and it also worked fine for me with the full 3.06 installer downloaded on Saturday morning.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: Jeremy on October 05, 2009, 05:04:12 PM
the MyFlights tab does not work though!
J.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: Fenris on October 05, 2009, 05:31:18 PM
Quote from: Jeremy on October 05, 2009, 05:04:12 PM
the MyFlights tab does not work though!

How so?

With the exception of a hardware disconnected incident yesterday (with delayed network enabled) my experience of 3.06 has been pretty good with the exception of a few occasions when the wrong photos have appeared for an entry in the list or when clicking on the entry does not highlight the corresponding aircraft symbol on the map.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: Jeremy on October 05, 2009, 08:18:18 PM
Unclicking Show myFlights doesn't remove them from the screen.
J.
Title: Re: Blocking network data whilst online ?
Post by: Fenris on October 05, 2009, 09:28:38 PM
Quote from: Jeremy on October 05, 2009, 08:18:18 PM
Unclicking Show myFlights doesn't remove them from the screen.

Oh I see, I didn't think of that meaning for what you wrote.

I have not tried this myself, next time I am in a position to do so I will.