AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: MrT on October 03, 2009, 03:08:09 PM

Title: Discount Code?
Post by: MrT on October 03, 2009, 03:08:09 PM
Anyone get an email from Airnav with the discount coupon code today ?

I lost my email and now want to subscribe to something.

Cheers,

Paul.
Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: AirNav Development on October 03, 2009, 03:16:17 PM
It was not a discount code, it was simply an email about the new RadarBox Real-Time Network.
Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: MrT on October 03, 2009, 03:24:16 PM
Mate,

It had a code in the email that gave a 50% discount if you then purchased certain online products. You entered this code when purchasing. ??? If you don't know by now .......

Never mind, I'm starting to think I dont need acars anyway.

And as much as I love RadarBox, I would never sign up to your subscription's.

Don't like the idea of direct debit which is probably what you employ.



Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: Fenris on October 03, 2009, 05:02:42 PM
Quote from: MrT on October 03, 2009, 03:24:16 PM
Mate,

It had a code in the email that gave a 50% discount if you then purchased certain online products. You entered this code when purchasing. ??? If you don't know by now .......

Never mind, I'm starting to think I dont need acars anyway.

And as much as I love RadarBox, I would never sign up to your subscription's.

Don't like the idea of direct debit which is probably what you employ.


Payments of this nature are usually made on a one-off credit or debit card transaction, not a continuous authority or direct debit.
Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: MrT on October 04, 2009, 12:08:59 AM
Thanks Brian,

Didn't mean to sound rude, but I just wanted the Acars software. Not the subscription. Looks like I have to sign up with a network subscription to get the Acars software. ??
Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: pjm on October 04, 2009, 12:59:17 AM
Quote from: MrT on October 04, 2009, 12:08:59 AM
I just wanted the Acars software. Not the subscription.

You can buy the software without a network subscription - $43 AUD approx - that's what I did - can't see the value of a subscription for ACARS.

https://www.plimus.com/plimus/jsp/buynow.jsp?contractId=1647883

Almost instant download and registration

fwiw there is no Australian ACARS server anyway.

(http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/4890/20091004120311.jpg)
Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: pjm on October 04, 2009, 02:15:39 AM
Quote from: MrT on October 03, 2009, 03:08:09 PM
Anyone get an email from Airnav with the discount coupon code today ?

Probably because you recently joined the "AirNav" club you got a welcome email like this. Not a mass mailing, just for new owners I think..

(http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/3518/20091004131338.jpg)
Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: MrT on October 04, 2009, 02:25:16 AM
Thats the one,

Airnav just re-sent me the email with the discount code. Not sure if the discount applies to ACARS though.

If I can get it for 20 odd bucks I'll grab it.

I did buy it years ago but lost it/deleted it along the way.

I picked up quite a lot of acars messages through my scanner. Some of those messages can be interesting.

Cheers,

Paul.
Title: Re: Discount Code?
Post by: MrT on October 04, 2009, 02:29:17 AM
Just tried the discount coupon code.

Not valid for this product. : (