AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: Canonjohns40D on October 03, 2009, 06:07:21 PM

Title: Polar Diagram v3.06
Post by: Canonjohns40D on October 03, 2009, 06:07:21 PM
Hi I reset the polar diagram yesterday morning after installing the latest upgrade late Thursday. I thought it might be of interest to attach it as I am seeing an improvement in my range of coverage.

I don't claim to understand the atmospherics but read I think that conditions might be less favourable at the moment so i think this might be noteworthy.

Anyhow for me this release and the live network have just made this hobby even better IMHO.


John
Title: Re: Polar Diagram v3.06
Post by: Hosch on October 03, 2009, 06:19:41 PM
Interesting John !

Don't you have an older Polar diagram for comparison ?

Hosch
Title: Re: Polar Diagram v3.06
Post by: Canonjohns40D on October 03, 2009, 06:29:50 PM
HI Hosch

Yep here is one with something like I was getting before the upgrade.
Title: Re: Polar Diagram v3.06
Post by: Marpleman on October 03, 2009, 08:42:08 PM
Quote from: Canonjohns40D on October 03, 2009, 06:07:21 PM
Hi I reset the polar diagram yesterday morning after installing the latest upgrade late Thursday. I thought it might be of interest to attach it as I am seeing an improvement in my range of coverage.

I don't claim to understand the atmospherics but read I think that conditions might be less favourable at the moment so i think this might be noteworthy.

Anyhow for me this release and the live network have just made this hobby even better IMHO.


John

Hi John

Very interesting - especially given the limited time it has built up over.

Are you using the standard aerial?

Regards

Rich
Title: Re: Polar Diagram v3.06
Post by: Canonjohns40D on October 03, 2009, 08:57:14 PM
Hi Rich

I'm using the DPD Aerial, purchased online from the USA. it is mounted on a 6ft pole on the chimney stack.

John