Every time I start v3.06 I get the MS pop up saying there is not a valid digital Signature for ARNB.EXE. Is this the case for all or just my install (on XP)?
Graham
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 04, 2009, 12:53:29 PM
Every time I start v3.06 I get the MS pop up saying there is not a valid digital Signature for ARNB.EXE. Is this the case for all or just my install (on XP)?
Graham
Me too!
VISTA user
I assume you're both using Vista?
There are at least two workrounds fod this problem until AirNav can get Microsoft to sign the drivers. I'm not a Vista man myself, but a search through the forum should find the info you need.
Rod
Nope not running Vista As stated I'm on XP.
Graham
Sorry Graham - missed that. I've never heard of XP requiring signed drivers. I think someone more techie than me is needed.
For Vista users this is a quote from Support from another thread:
"You can start Vista 64bit without requiring signed drivers by:
Restart your machine. Press F8 when windows begins to load and choose the Windows Vista—“Disable Driver Signature Enforcement” Option, then install the drivers and it should work fine."
Rod
This is something different. We haven't seen this on our test xp machines.
Unless Microsoft has released a XP update recentely with this.
The only time I get a warning message is with a new RB installation or exe file. I can't remember exactly what it says, but it's along the lines of "An executable file can ruin your day, do you really want to run this file" with a yes/no box. There is also a tick box to prevent the warning next time. If the file is from a trusted source, then you are fine. It's to stop virus executables that you might run if you are not PC savvy.
Is this what you are seeing?
Edit: Sample screen capture below - this isn't the anrb.exe, just a sample exe file
Thats the dialogue Just realised that myself that I didn't notice the Always Ask tick box. Will untick it. Although should we be seeing this on XP? Regularly use Windows update to so maybe its an XP hotfix.
Graham
No, this happens with almost all the exe files that I install as far as I can remember.
I had the same "problem". Just untick !
See This:
http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8611/digitalsignature.jpg
All,
I can confirm that I am getting that message every time I load the program on my XP desktop and on my Vista laptop but only since up-grading to v.3.06.
Mike
Quote from: Roadrunner on October 05, 2009, 09:47:59 AM
I can confirm that I am getting that message every time I load the program on my XP desktop and on my Vista laptop but only since up-grading to v.3.06.
And is this on 64 bit Vista (or even XP, there is a 64 bit version)?
Quote from: Fenris on October 05, 2009, 03:56:01 PM
Quote from: Roadrunner on October 05, 2009, 09:47:59 AM
I can confirm that I am getting that message every time I load the program on my XP desktop and on my Vista laptop but only since up-grading to v.3.06.
And is this on 64 bit Vista (or even XP, there is a 64 bit version)?
Both are 32 bit machines. Just a thought but would the screen stop appearing after the first time, regardless of the tick box, if the digital signing had been confirmed ?
Regards
Mike
I don't know about that, nearly every installer I run shows this sort of message, I leave the Always ask... box checked in case I accidentally start something I don't want.
If you are getting this with a program started from an icon or menu then it's very odd, I have never seen that happen.