I've posted some questions on my 'Newbie' thread but I think I need one just for the database problem, which is my biggest problem at the moment.
I've run RB for 2 full days and now have 131 missing database entries, all but 2 of which are in GAS database. Most of the missing entries are UK/European airliners that were delivered during 2008 and 2009. A fair chunk of these are Easyjet's and Ryanair's that make up a lot of flights I see and track. My conclusion is that my database needs a refresh from the GAS one.
I've tried MyLog -> Tools -> Populate but that isn't fixing the problem. At the moment I'm manually filling in the blanks and I'd rather not add these manually into my AirNav database. At this rate, as I know there are still gaps in the Easyjet/Ryanair fleet, I'll probably have 300 or so entries to add taking into account all 2008/2009 deliveries.
Any help would be appreciated.
Nick
Can you provide some of the ModeS codes to check if they're on the Airnav server database.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/ANLV_SV_user.exe?usgetphoto=0&usverify_name=PGANRB000000&usversion=ANRB306®search=&modes=nnnnnn
where nnnnnn is the ModeS hex code.
eg:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/ANLV_SV_user.exe?usgetphoto=0&usverify_name=PGANRB000000&usversion=ANRB306®search=&modes=40109F
Here's a few examples:-
4CA643 EI-DYA
405B65 G-EZDL
3965A5 F-GZNF
405A48 G-EUUZ
4B187A HB-JHA
C0173F C-FIUW
Can I check these myself or do you need to do it?
Thanks
Nick
Quote from: NickJackson on October 07, 2009, 07:49:29 AM
Here's a few examples:-
4CA643 EI-DYA
405B65 G-EZDL
3965A5 F-GZNF
405A48 G-EUUZ
4B187A HB-JHA
C0173F C-FIUW
Can I check these myself or do you need to do it?
You can do it yourself, but I've just tried these 6 you provided and all of them return apparently correct information in my web browser.
Not sure what's happening with RB, if they are really missing then they should appear if you do an repopulate from the MyLog window but as you say above it didn't work this time.
You can do it yourself. All six of these were found on the Airnav server, which might suggest a firewall problem at your end. You need to ensure that anrb.exe is allowed access to the internet.
For example, can you get weather reports in Radarbox okay?
OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/EI-DYA.jpg;33631/2529;Boeing 737-8AS;Ryanair;Patric Borg;http://www.airliners.net/photo/Ryanair/Boeing-737-8AS/1530758/L/;EI-DYA;OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/EI-DYA,2.jpg;33631/2529;Boeing 737-8AS;Ryanair;Max Bryansky - Russian AviaPhoto Team;http://www.airliners.net/photo/Ryanair/Boeing-737-8AS/1502253/L;EI-DYA
OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/G-EZDL.jpg;3569;Airbus A319-111;EasyJet Airline;Aldo Bidini;http://www.airliners.net/photo/EasyJet-Airline/Airbus-A319-111/1511782/L/;G-EZDL;OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/G-EZDL,2.jpg;3569;Airbus A319-111;EasyJet Airline;Szabo Gabor;http://www.airliners.net/photo/EasyJet-Airline/Airbus-A319-111/1488923/L;G-EZDL
OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/F-GZNF.jpg;37433/792;Boeing 777-328/ER;Air France;Yuda;http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-France/Boeing-777-328-ER/1568991/L/;F-GZNF;OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/F-GZNF,2.jpg;37433/792;Boeing 777-328/ER;Air France;Eric Fortin - AirTeamImages;http://www.airliners.net/photo/Air-France/Boeing-777-328-ER/1561720/L;F-GZNF
OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/G-EUUZ.jpg;3649;Airbus A320-232;British Airways;Gary Watt;http://www.airliners.net/photo/British-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/1519700/L/;G-EUUZ;OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/G-EUUZ,2.jpg;3649;Airbus A320-232;British Airways;Adam Rowden;http://www.airliners.net/photo/British-Airways/Airbus-A320-232/1449933/L;G-EUUZ
OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/HB-JHA.jpg;1000;Airbus A330-343X;Swiss International Air Lines;Urs Zimmermann;http://www.airliners.net/photo/Swiss-International-Air/Airbus-A330-343X/1521026/L/;HB-JHA;OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/HB-JHA,2.jpg;1000;Airbus A330-343X;Swiss International Air Lines;Hans Domjan;http://www.airliners.net/photo/Swiss-International-Air/Airbus-A330-343X/1537527/L;HB-JHA
OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/C-FIUW.jpg;35249;Boeing 777-333ER;Air Canada;;;C-FIUW;OK;http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/Photo/C-FIUW,2.jpg;35249;Boeing 777-333ER;Air Canada;;;C-FIUW
Quote from: tarbat on October 07, 2009, 07:21:11 AM
Can you provide some of the ModeS codes to check if they're on the Airnav server database.
http://www.airnavsystems.com/cgi-bin/ANLV_SV/ANLV_SV_user.exe?usgetphoto=0&usverify_name=PGANRB000000&usversion=ANRB306®search=&modes=nnnnnn
where nnnnnn is the ModeS hex code.
I'm sure I remember AirNav threatening to excommunicate us if we used URLs like this to query their server directly :-)
Or at least saying that this wasn't supported, and couldn't always be guaranteed to work. Having said that, it's hard to see how it would stop working, since RadarBox itself uses the same mechanism to retrieve aircraft details.
However it's worth noting that the details that come back from querying the
server aren't always consistent with what comes up on the RB
screen - for example those two AFR and ACA 777-300ERs show in MyFlights as
B773s whereas they are actually
B77Ws.
Quote from: DaveReid on October 07, 2009, 08:28:03 AMHowever it's worth noting that the details that come back from querying the server aren't always consistent with what comes up on the RB screen - for example those two AFR and ACA 777-300ERs show in MyFlights as B773s whereas they are actually B77Ws.
I guess that would depend on what's already saved in your Navdata database. At least the first of the AFR 777s is a B77W in my Radarbox.
I have no idea how to allow anrb.exe to the Internet but I'll poke around on my system to see where that facility my be. Control Panel I assume.
As for weather reports, I haven't seen any but I'm still new to the software and I may not have that facility 'on'. I'll investigate.
Quote from: NickJackson on October 07, 2009, 12:36:20 PMI have no idea how to allow anrb.exe to the Internet but I'll poke around on my system to see where that facility my be. Control Panel I assume.
What firewall software do you have installed? That's where you need to allow access for anrb.exe.
To test a weather report, put EGPE in the Airport box in the toolbar, and press the "Get Weather" button next to it. That will prove whether anrb can access the internet or not.
I did get the weather for EGPE okay. I'm not clued up on the system setup by I think it will be part of the ESET / NOD32 internet protection. I'm investigating now.
I've now allowed anrb.exe in the ESET personal firewall but it doesn't seem to make any difference.
Sounds like this isn't a firewall problem then.
So, first to check. Are these aircraft received by your hardware, rather than received over the network?
And what database are they missing from - navdata or mylog?
The 131 missing aircraft were from the MyLog and therefore received by the hardware. However, if you look at the main RB screen in each of the 'MyFlights' and 'Network' lists there are large gaps for the registrations. I can readily see thsi with the RYR and EZY fleets but there are many gaps for many other airlines.
If I check some of the 131 missing aircraft in the Database Explorer under 'Aircraft' they don't appear in the list. Is that the navdata databse?
If I go to MyLogs -> Tools -> Populate it does seem to regularly add details (17 just now) but which 17 I'm not sure. It could be its NOW updating new db records but there's a group of old ones from 2008/2009 that it's never had and can't update for some reason. Sounds weird but I don't know how else to explain it.
Quote from: tarbat on October 07, 2009, 01:15:03 PM
Sounds like this isn't a firewall problem then.
I wouldn't be so sure, someone was saying that they had a similar problem and they mentioned ESET. Is that Kaspersky?
Suggest Nick J that you deactivate the firewall and see if that makes it work. You can then try and work out what the firewall is doing to deny RB access to the server.
Just found this comment, maybe the OP can explain what he changed to make it work:
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3482.msg33600#msg33600
De-activated the firewall (ESET and Windows) and no difference.
What I have noticed is that in the main RB screen there's a line that says "All photo/info requests done". Twice today I've noticed it change to "Processing 160 photo/info requests" (or whatever number it said). If you put your mouse over that message whilst it says that you get a pop-up window listing the ModeS codes being processed. Guess what - a quick comparison of some of these reveals some of the ones I'm missing.
It looks like it's trying to update and fill in the blanks but it can't update the database?
The other poster said much the same thing about the deactivation of ESET, it didn't help. But he changed some apprently unrelated setting and it worked. Maybe you could send him a PM?
I've now changed my ESET settings to the same as Roadrunner and it's still the same. He then said when he got through the firewall setup there was a further problem with the way the Network access had been setup and that solved it.
Airnav Support can you look into my network access setup?
Getting desperate for a solution now :-(
hi,
i also use nod32 and have no problems with it.
is anrb.exe in higher compatibility?
go to IMON--setup--HTTP--compatibility clients.
under program you should see anrb.exe 2 times right from them in red it must say "higher compatibility".
you can change that by clicking it.
hope this helpes you
Well miracles do happen.
1)
I generated a report late this afternoon to check the latest missing aircraft from the database. Now up to 190 a/c picked up in MyLogs since last Sunday.
2)
Went out tonight, came back and printed the final log report covering todays MyLog. 681 a/c tracked and only 15 missings reg's/aircraf. That's very low compared to before.
3)
Checked the Database Explorer and virtually all of the ones I was previously missing are now in the main database. I'll do a full check tomorrow.
4)
What caused them to download and update the database after so long? It wasn't me - I've been out for 4 hours or more.
I'm happy but I'd really like to know how it happened so I can avoid such heartache again. This sort of thing isn't a confidence builder for a new user. That's said I still say it's a great set of functionality. Perhaps a little more stability and support could make it a real winner.
Nick
Quote from: Fenris on October 07, 2009, 02:37:41 PM
Quote from: tarbat on October 07, 2009, 01:15:03 PM
Sounds like this isn't a firewall problem then.
I wouldn't be so sure, someone was saying that they had a similar problem and they mentioned ESET. Is that Kaspersky?
Hi there,
I thought I had a problem with Eset a few days ago but like Nick switching it off did not make any difference. I spoke to Eset and they told me how to set up for ANRB.exe, and it appeared my set-up was already correct. In my case it was my change from Delayed Network to Real-time Network had somehow become corrupt and all was well once AirNav sorted it out.
Regards
Mike