I live in France and I have noticed many inaccuracies in the French mil aircraft database.
I have contacted AirNav systems about this problem, I even offered to help improve the database. I received a standardized message and nothing has changed.
We are a group of several French owners of a RadarBox, we even started a group:
http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/radarvirtuel/
we have decided to start a "strike" by unticking "sharing data" and the other data sharing boxes on the preference page, as we have started our own data sharing system, also using Google maps...
We hope AirNav systems will understand we cannot continue using their database which is marred with an awful lot of mistakes about french mil planes, especially types and pictures...
We would be delighted to share our data again, but with an accurate database, please !!
Jacques, Brest, France
Hi jdupons,
Have you had a look at the post below?
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2688.0
Quote from: AirNav Support on October 10, 2009, 06:29:44 PM
Hi jdupons,
Have you had a look at the post below?
http://www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=2688.0
And www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3575.msg34832#msg34832
Dave as we have explained before once version 3 was complete we would look into this. Do not keep posting about your solution to try and get us to act on it. It is not as simple as you say and we won't get into further as it may be a solution we choose in the future.
Fair enough. I'm reassured to hear - as I'm sure all users will be - that a solution is definitely on the agenda.
Quote from: jdupons on October 10, 2009, 06:21:56 PM
I live in France and I have noticed many inaccuracies in the French mil aircraft database.
I have contacted AirNav systems about this problem, I even offered to help improve the database. I received a standardized message and nothing has changed.
We are a group of several French owners of a RadarBox, we even started a group:
http://fr.groups.yahoo.com/group/radarvirtuel/
we have decided to start a "strike" by unticking "sharing data" and the other data sharing boxes on the preference page, as we have started our own data sharing system, also using Google maps...
We hope AirNav systems will understand we cannot continue using their database which is marred with an awful lot of mistakes about french mil planes, especially types and pictures...
We would be delighted to share our data again, but with an accurate database, please !!
Jacques, Brest, France
Jacques,
A very silly post, but you are entitled to do as you wish. You could help many aviation enthusiasts here using your knowledge to update the Gatwick Aviation Society (GAS) database. As you are probably aware by reading other posts here, AirNav provide an extensive 'starter' database that is then automatically updated form the GAS database. The GAS database is maintained by unpaid volunteers - much like your group - and is made available to anybody who wants to use it. If the aircraft data is not in the GAS database, then they need somebody to tell them about it and there is an on-line form on their website to do just this.
The good news is that I see plenty of Network traffic over France, so maybe you have decided to help everybody rather than only helping yourselves?
Quote from: Allocator on October 11, 2009, 09:51:19 AMA very silly post, but you are entitled to do as you wish.
The good news is that I see plenty of Network traffic over France,
Allocator, I totally agree with you. A verry childish post from jdupons.
Quote from: Allocator on October 11, 2009, 09:51:19 AMIf the aircraft data is not in the GAS database, then they need somebody to tell them about it and there is an on-line form on their website to do just this.
Unfortunately the GAS online form is broken, just giving an error message for http://www.gatwickaviationsociety.org.uk/modesinput_send.asp of "The page cannot be found"
@jdupos you have all my support, i am not sharing data so much anymore because i got insulted and suspended from the forum a month or so ago for expressing my views with a "silly " email and got no excuses, just abuse from the support team and other members. it is my own strike and i am sorry for the community but too much is too much. mybe i will get suspended again, who knows?. like i said before the support team has a lot to learn in good manners.
saluti,
frank, sardinia
Frank,
Lets just make this very clear. All we ever said was one of your posts was silly.
The rest of your comments about abuse is fabrication. We never called you anything, all we said was your post was silly which we entitled to do and you "lost it" and started ranting and hence you were banned till you calmed down.
i have all the thread and private messages saved in my pc and and can repost them if you want. i did not rant and i consider it offensive say that i was suspended until i calmed down. i think the ranters were the support team. how do you like that? you are practically calling me a mad person which i assure you i am not but i have a patience which was stretched over any reasonable limits.
now i want apologies from you that you have not the guts to give me. like i said before you have much to learn, silly posts come from the support team too like your last which i consider "silly" to say the least, now i will share even less i will make it a habit to untick the box every time.
this is my last post.
i will not be pulled into useless discussions with support but i will express my ideas whenever i want to
Where's that Tumbleweed and dusty highway when you need it?
Hi
I read that there is 3000 members, and only 300 sharing, so for 15 euros/months only 10% ?
What about USA, because when i try to see the trafic it's very low, compare with Europe !
Laurent
LFRN
There have been 3000 RadarBoxes sold but at one time on the network there are over 300 shares connected on average. That doesn't mean the 2700 are not sharing all together.
Our stats data indicate out of the 3,000 sold 2450 have connected to network and shared. So 500 or less don't use the internet with there RadarBox. Out of the 2450, a good 1,000 are regular users. Who appear on the network, sharing or downloading weekly. The other 1,450 don't appear as often.
Hope that gives you a better insight. US has a lower coverage at the moment as ADS-B rates there are lower and US is a large area to cover, though it is improving.
I am sure there are lots of people like me who turn the box on when in front of the computer. During the normal day my box is not running 24/7 so the number of users logged on can not reflect the overall number of contibuters to the network over a 24 hour period.
My only complaint is that its so addictive that I am spending far too much time watching the screen and not doing other things. It is the best spend on an IT 'toy' for ages. Thanks Ainav.
J.
Frank (and others)
I do not always agree with what AirNav do or say and I agree that they could do a whole lot better in dealing with the users. However it is a very good product and I think that you are hurting other sharers as much as you are hurting AirNav. I would love to see what is happening around Sardinia. I share in Sydney 24/7 when I am not traveling. I hope that we can see you back on soon.
Cheers
Mark
qf1 thank yyou for the kind words, but kind words do not seem to get through to support's heads. what we, and i mean every rb user, need is a few days or hour's sharing strike to teach some good manners and to respect customers. i get the feeling we are doing them a favour in using their program and not the other way around.
they should remember that we are paying their wages and we should be treated better.
enough said. i will share again in the future if conditions are right
saluti
frank
frank,
As explained before we never said anything bad to you. It was your attitude and your posting which led us to say your post was silly. It was not only mentioned by us but also fellow customers have written about your posts saying you were wrong and out of order. This should make you understand that it was a universal feeling.
If you are simply here to cause trouble then please leave as we don't have time, as like the 99% of the rest of the people on this forum your here to help and be constructive we will help you out in any means possible. Take note since your post yesterday no one has backed up your point of view.
Quote from: AirNav Support on October 12, 2009, 07:53:20 AM
frank,
As explained before we never said anything bad to you. It was your attitude and your posting which led us to say your post was silly. It was not only mentioned by us but also fellow customers have written about your posts saying you were wrong and out of order. This should make you understand that it was a universal feeling.
If you are simply here to cause trouble then please leave as we don't have time, as like the 99% of the rest of the people on this forum your here to help and be constructive we will help you out in any means possible. Take note since your post yesterday no one has backed up your point of view.
hi airnav
I call them paid vultures, think your new software is getting to them working great here no complaints and great reports on the internet, maybe the vultures site are looking for food again.
from pat
nothing to say about the software which is ok. i am not a paid vulture pat thank you.
Quote from: jdupons on October 10, 2009, 06:21:56 PM
I live in France and I have noticed many inaccuracies in the French mil aircraft database.
I have contacted AirNav systems about this problem, I even offered to help improve the database. I received a standardized message and nothing has changed.
I found this post interesting. There were two points to the post.
1. Jacques reported a problem.
2. He did not get a reasonable reply to his offer to help, so he attempted to get their attention.
He did, but for the wrong reason.
I bought my RB on 2nd October and shortly after clicked on the 'Help ¦ Online Support' menu. This took me to:-
<http://www.airnavsystems.com/support.html>
where I clicked on "AirNav RadarBox - click here".
It took me to:-
<http://www.airnavsystems.com/Tracker/support.html>
a different product.
So I reported this small problem to AirNav. But now about two weeks later the problem still remains.It's a 5 minute task to correct a wrong internal URL link.
To a new customer, this suggests a lack of interest in customer feedback that offers to help improve their product.
Reg.
landyman,
We don't want to talk about Jacques issue. Jacques was simply trying to bribe us. We did reply to him with the details, not sure what else you want us to do, its not an easy task.
Thanks for the html error. We will fix that later today, we get a lot queries and issues that we need to sort through. Sometimes things get missed.
We are busy at the moment regarding the beta where we are listening to customers and our presence on the forum shows that and also the recent release of Live network data which has diverted our attentions a bit.
Quote from: AirNav Support on October 20, 2009, 02:05:03 PM
Thanks for the html error. We will fix that later today, we get a lot queries and issues that we need to sort through. Sometimes things get missed.
Thanks for your reply.
Reg