Hi guys I know this subject as been covered in the past, I am looking to buy another external antenna and cable for my RB 2009, looking to spend round about £100 or so. What would you guys recommend I live in St.Helens thats about 15 miles North of LJLA and I get some good flights sometimes as far away as the east coast. I am just wandering if a new antenna would make any difference and would I have to mount it on the chimney or in the attic, my current RB twig sits upside down just beneath the guttering of the house, its the highest vantage point I can get without actually borrowing a ladder, any help would be appreciated.
Thanks Michael
Hi Vassylad
I have build my antenna call Franklin for 5 euros
http://www.radarvirtuel.com/sbs/Franklin/SBSFRANKLIN.pdf
4 mm section aluminium tube, strength 1 meter
I cover more than 180 Nm around LFRN without amplifier and 6 meter of coax cable 8 mm section.
Best regard's
Laurent
Thank you Sir, that is very interesting and nice diagrams and photo's too.
Merci beaucoup
Michael
Hi Laurent,
That looks great.
My French is lousy, How do you achive the neat 'bends' in the aluminium?
Cheers,
Paul.
Hi Paul and Vassylad
To make bends, i use a clamp for electricity, i can send you a video how to built, but i mus do another Franklin, this week-end i can do it
Best regard's
Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com/googlemaps new interface :)
Quote from: itestoo on October 14, 2009, 11:36:33 AM
Hi Paul and Vassylad
To make bends, i use a clamp for electricity, i can send you a video how to built, but i mus do another Franklin, this week-end i can do it
Best regard's
Laurent
www.radarvirtuel.com/googlemaps new interface :)
Thanks Laurent,
A how to video would be great.
Cheers,
Paul
Hi guys can anyone add to my original question please.
Thanks Michael