AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: bratters on October 14, 2009, 08:05:43 AM

Title: Airport labels
Post by: bratters on October 14, 2009, 08:05:43 AM
Is there any way that I can find and prune the airport labels list?

Even on "hide small airports" there are far too many for my liking causing overlaps and cluttering the place up. There are however one or two I would like to keep.

Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Airport labels
Post by: tarbat on October 14, 2009, 08:09:23 AM
AFAIK, there's no way of editing these.  They appear to be stored in a propriatory format in the DATA folder - L022.dat for example.

After a while you tend to remember where airports are, so I turn the labels off completely.  I guess for the one of two you want to keep, you could add Custom Legends in Preferences.
Title: Re: Airport labels
Post by: bratters on October 14, 2009, 08:18:02 AM
Thanks Tarbat.

The list could certainly do with a prune - there's one literally just down the road that's been closed for some 10years and on that basis there could be dozens that have opened or shut.

Little job for someone.
Title: Re: Airport labels
Post by: 7MileHigh on October 14, 2009, 09:53:45 AM
In fact L022.dat contains the world borders, while L006 is the airways, l0013 the elevations, etc. You can see the content of some of these .dat files if you change the file extension to .lyr and then open them in MapBuilder by Graham Knight http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&safe=off&q=Graham+Knight+MapBuilder&meta= (http://www.google.de/search?hl=de&safe=off&q=Graham+Knight+MapBuilder&meta=)

Though I haven't found a way to edit or export any data with this tool. Maybe a forum geek got a better clue on this ...
Title: Re: Airport labels
Post by: Terre on October 16, 2009, 07:28:36 AM
The mapbuilder is a good viewer tool. Would be even better if one could save changes made in the same format so it can be reused in ANRB.