AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: GreekSpy2001 on October 18, 2009, 03:56:16 PM

Title: Centring Map when in field
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on October 18, 2009, 03:56:16 PM
Hi
Going to Dusseldorf tomorrow.  Will be staying at an airport hotel. So will be trying out my RDB and laptop.  What is the easiest why to centre the map on Dusseldorf airport.  Change the home station data?

Thanks

Graham
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: tarbat on October 18, 2009, 03:59:25 PM
Put the ICAO code of the airport into the box next to the HOME button, and click on LOCATE.
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: RodBearden on October 18, 2009, 04:02:08 PM
Once you've done what Tarbat recommends, you can right-click the airport on the map and choose "Set as Home Location".

It has been suggested in the past that we can save a selection of "homes" to make travelling easier. We live in hope....

Rod
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on October 18, 2009, 04:04:03 PM
Cheers.  Easy when you know!!!

Ta

Graham
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: tarbat on October 19, 2009, 02:27:08 PM
Quote from: RodBearden on October 18, 2009, 04:02:08 PMOnce you've done what Tarbat recommends, you can right-click the airport on the map and choose "Set as Home Location".

It has been suggested in the past that we can save a selection of "homes" to make travelling easier. We live in hope....

I just keep all the main airports that I'm interested in in the drop-down list.  All you have to do then is select the airport, and click on Locate.  I keep my Home button for my Home location.

(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2492/4025550043_47595d94c8_o.jpg)
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on October 21, 2009, 09:54:39 AM
OK back from DUS.  Unfortunately, the internet in my hotel room was down so was monitoring with no internet connection.  Due to problems on startup of ARNB ( 5 min startup) I had deleted my Mylog to just a months worth of data.

However, I noticed that all I got on display was limited to things like HEX code and height and maybe flight number if broadcast.

Is this how its in the field with no internet?  Or if I had a full MYLOG could I get the data of aicraft type and registration from here?  Assuming I had the data in the log?

graham
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: tarbat on October 21, 2009, 10:26:26 AM
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 21, 2009, 09:54:39 AMHowever, I noticed that all I got on display was limited to things like HEX code and height and maybe flight number if broadcast.

Is this how its in the field with no internet?  Or if I had a full MYLOG could I get the data of aicraft type and registration from here?  Assuming I had the data in the log?

The data comes from the Navdata database, not the MyLog database.  How many aircraft records do you have in Navdata - use database explorer to see them.
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on October 21, 2009, 10:44:20 AM
Ah think this might be a DOH moment.  INstalled a full version of 3.07 and had not run it before.  So there are no records in it.  Can I get records in it without hooking up the box

Graham
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: GreekSpy2001 on October 21, 2009, 10:46:42 AM
I guess I can copy across my live navdata db

Graham
Title: Re: Centring Map when in field
Post by: tarbat on October 21, 2009, 10:49:16 AM
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 21, 2009, 10:46:42 AMI guess I can copy across my live navdata db

Correct.