Hi all. I have had to reformat my Laptop and just installed ANRB v3.07 beta. Installed drivers etc. Started ANRB and i get a popup saying ANRB requires more information.
The more information screen opens. I enter my name etc, my long/lat. Click APPLY then OK and nothing happends. I take a look at:
GENERAL
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2720/4026015144_74857e892c_m.jpg)
RADARBOX
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2573/4025263493_523c00409d_m.jpg)
HOME STATION DATA
(http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3523/4026015414_dfc1de8a09_m.jpg)
MAP COLOURS.
(http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2775/4025263571_eefcfbeba5_m.jpg)
see the images.
Any ideas please as i can't seem to close it unless i do a CTRL/ALT/DELETE.
Thanks
Tony
Quote from: Bigyun2000 on October 19, 2009, 12:29:26 PMThe more information screen opens. I enter my name etc, my long/lat. Click APPLY then OK and nothing happends.
When you say "nothing happens", do you mean the more info. screen just sits there, or does the map/aircraft list appear. We really need to know what exactly happens when you click OK.
Hi tarbat. Yes the more info. screen. Its like it want's more info. The a/c list screen can be seen working normally behind the more info window.
I can change from section to section and change data in each section. I hit the apply and ok but i am just sat waiting and waiting and waiting. So it hasn't actually crashed.
It seems strange that there are no colours selected in MAP COLOURS. They are all white.
Maybe try using IMPORT on the colours screen. My guess is that the registry (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\MapColorpath) is telling RB to use a colour scheme that you previously defined, but that colour scheme isn't available in the Color folder in a new instal.
@tarbat.
Now got colour. Problem still exists. I select apply & ok and waiting.
On this occassion i disabled any virus protection etc.
Going to uninstall 3.07, clear all registry and re-install from original ANRB CD. Then uninstall that and try v3.07 again. Just to see if 3.07 doesn't install 100% on a new system.
Results later.
Tony
RESULTS:
Uninstalled 3.07 beta including registry.
Installed v2.01 from original CD - This run without any problems.
Uninstalled v2.01 left registry alone.
Re-installed v3.07 beta.
RESULT v3.07 beta running 100%
So from this experiment it would show the perhaps v3.07 cannot be installed on a new laptop with Vista Premium.
3 things i noticed was in my first mail
1. There were no map colours.
2. There were no cities to select on the Home Station Data.
3. There were no Grid Visiable Columns in the General page.
I have just noticed by going to the preferences drop down that there is still nothing showing in the drop down menu for Cities that are closest to you.
I hope this may help AirNav Support.
Thanks
Tony
Woks OK with me on a new duo core laptop running Vista Ultimate.
J.
My guess is that there was a setting in the registry pointing to a file name that isn't in the standard install. This could be either a SOUND file, a MAP file or a COLOR file.
One of the following:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\edit1text
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\General\MapColorpath
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\AirNav Systems\ANRB\1\History\map1-5
My first posting so hello to you all. I had the very same problem a couple of days back when installing 3.07 beta fresh on a new vista laptop without radarbox attached (as it was actively connected to my other XP laptop). The solution was to first run in demo mode and set-up some basic preferences, close the application and then log-in with my username/password. After that all was OK.
Hi PaulB and welcome - thanks for your input - Vista users seem to need all the help and experience the forum can muster!
Rod (happily chuntering along with XP ;-)
Talking of Vista... on boot up, my machine is coming up with the 'Unknown Publisher' box. It never used to. I do not know why it has suddenly started doing this. Can it be verified in some way? running 3.07.
J.
Quote from: Jeremy on October 19, 2009, 04:28:05 PM
Talking of Vista... on boot up, my machine is coming up with the 'Unknown Publisher' box. It never used to. I do not know why it has suddenly started doing this. Can it be verified in some way? running 3.07.
J.
Have you updated by copying the 3.07 exe file on top of a 3.06 installation?
If yes, then it's because the exe changed and Vista didn't expect it to. Untick the box, or download the 3.07 full installer and reinstall.
Thank you very much. I will give it a try!
Thanks Forum.
J.
I find Vista can be a real pain. My advice, if given the option for ANY program, NEVER do an upgrade but do a full installation and NEVER install into the virtual store because as it states it's 'virtually' going to cause problems !
Cheers,
Ian
Although I haven't had trouble running ANRB, I agree Vista can be a pain and am thinking of installing Windows7 (64bit). I have to run several older progs in Windows Virtual PC.
Will RB run ok in Windows7? I know it's been brought up in forum topics before, but with there being so many postings here, I'm blowed if I can find it.
regards
Syd
Previous comments on Win 7 is that it's actually better than Vista for RB, mainly because they've trimmed the fat and reduced the needed memory and processor spec for the new OS.
Thanks Brian.
Will be glad to get rid of Vista without reverting to XP
Syd