AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: AirNav Development on October 20, 2009, 02:56:22 AM

Title: Alitalia MD-82
Post by: AirNav Development on October 20, 2009, 02:56:22 AM
Quick question: were Alitalia MD-82 (recently phased out) equipped with ADS-B?

We ask this because we've been approached by a professional client that intends to purchase some of these aircraft and wants to know if they will be tracked by our system. As sometimes our users know more than professionals...

Any help appreciated.
Title: Re: Alitalia MD-82
Post by: spanman on October 20, 2009, 06:21:26 AM
I was at LHR recently when an Alitalia MD80 came in and it only showed on the list. SAS  MD80 s are also not ADSB equiped .The only MD80 s I have seen plotting on the map are the MD88s of Onur Air although I'm sure my learned friends here on the forum will tell me otherwise!. Hope this helps
Title: Re: Alitalia MD-82
Post by: DaveReid on October 20, 2009, 06:31:31 AM
All of Onur Air's MD-88s have ADS-B, though not their MD-83s.  So does Gainjet's MD-83 SX-IFA and Bulgarian Air Charter's MD-83 LZ-LDZ (but not their MD-82s).

I'm not aware of any other MD-80s with ADS-B, and Alitalia's certainly don't/didn't have it.