We are working on V3.08, correcting the pending problems, some related to port 7879 output. From our support queries and from the forum feedback it appears that, since we released full port 30003 compatibility, we have almost no users interested in our port 7879 output.
We would like to confirm this is the case (all users now getting data from 30003) and we would remove port 7879 compatibility from the application.
Quote from: AirNav Development on October 20, 2009, 10:15:48 PMit appears that, since we released full port 30003 compatibility, we have almost no users interested in our port 7879 output.
We would like to confirm this is the case (all users now getting data from 30003) and we would remove port 7879 compatibility from the application.
Not so fast, please!
I can't speak for anyone else, but I certainly use it.
AFAIK, there's no other way of capturing TAS for aircraft that don't send groundspeed, since airspeed isn't supported in the port 30003 format. In fact I'd like to see the port 7879 spec
widened to include heading as well, for similar reasons.
Likewise - what Dave said....
DC
My comment is that, because 7879 sends ASCII text whereas 30003 sends XML, I would prefer to see the port 7879 remain as it is a lower bandwidth user.
I agree with Dave - you should keep and use it for more things.
Andy
Quote from: Fenris on October 21, 2009, 08:25:50 AMMy comment is that, because 7879 sends ASCII text whereas 30003 sends XML, I would prefer to see the port 7879 remain as it is a lower bandwidth user.
Port 7879 is XML, port 30003 is comma-delimted text.
I would vote to keep port 7879 output, but only if that doesn't delay v3.08 development.
I would certainly vote to keep port 7879!
Sent data to PP that way.
Port 7879 output:
(http://83.161.210.231/air/images/rb_port7879stats.jpg)
Port 30003 output:
(http://83.161.210.231/air/images/rb_port30003stats.jpg)
(Netlimiter live stats images)
Copied we will keep port 7879.
You could move the stuff to Port 30003 if you create a new MSG type. For example MSG20 - MSG29 used for Airnav additions, and then use the comma delimited format.
Steve we don't want to make it complex for now. We will leave it as it is.