I am suffering problems with v3.06 and v3.07 hanging the system after 10mins of operation.
On Saturday morning I had found my system (XP with 3Gb memory) had reset overnight. Since then when every I start ARNB the system hangs within 10mins of operation. Overnight I had left the machine on with no ARNB running and it was stil running in the morning. Backup sw had completed as normal. If I use the machine without ARNB there are no perceived problems.
I have uninstalled 3.07 installed a fresh new installation and again its hung. Can anyone help as I can't seem to get it stable again.
Graham
Graham - see today's postings for this Airnav statement:
"The flights sorting problem is corrected and tested now."
That refers to the hanging problems you are experiencing.
One or two outstanding glitches but shouldn't be too long now.
OK thanks. Lets hope the fix is published soon. Strange how its only appeared on my system after weeks of use with 3.07
Graham
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 25, 2009, 08:15:09 AM
On Saturday morning I had found my system (XP with 3Gb memory) had reset overnight.
Stop the Windows auto-update & install.
Choose install myself option in Win Update.
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 25, 2009, 09:35:19 AM
OK thanks. Lets hope the fix is published soon. Strange how its only appeared on my system after weeks of use with 3.07
Graham
May have had some connection with your column selection in MyFlights. Hanging seemed to occur following the configuration of some categories and not others. eg distance, altitude .....
mmm havcen't change my selection in a while. Only thing I do is sort on reg.
Still hopefully the fix will appear to download soon, as I'm effectively off air with this machine. Using my laptop at the moment but that have to stop during the week.
Quote from: GreekSpy2001 on October 25, 2009, 12:12:53 PM
mmm havcen't change my selection in a while. Only thing I do is sort on reg.
That's probably it, sorting in the flights list seems to be broken in 3.07 but Airnav are saying that's fixed internally. No new beta release yet as there are some other bugs to chase and fix.
Begs the question as to why now and I also get the problem in 3.06 which has been running for months. If I can find it will try going back to 2.1 or was it 2.01. My addiction can't have it down for long and it seems the fix is a way from being released (also worried that it won't solve my problems).
Hoping it comes out sooner rather than later...
Graham
if it's any help Graham (which I very much doubt!) I put my ignorance on the block and asked Airnav why some PC's were affected and others not.
The answer apparently lies in the nature of the many different PCs and their varied operating systems.
While this is a pain for us, it is apparently considerably more of a pain for Airnav to produce a program that works for all.
I'll buy into that.
My system also hangs...
But only when:
1. I run other program in the background
2. Utilize lots of memory( my laptop 1.6ghz with 256gb ram)
3. Pc said " low on virtual memory"
then radarbox hangs and stop responding
flightlist also fill up with only 1 flight details shown multiple times
hope this helps M
Quote from: marcdeklerk on October 26, 2009, 12:12:37 PM
My system also hangs...
But only when:
1. I run other program in the background
2. Utilize lots of memory( my laptop 1.6ghz with 256gb ram)
3. Pc said " low on virtual memory"
then radarbox hangs and stop responding
flightlist also fill up with only 1 flight details shown multiple times
hope this helps M
Classic symptoms but I believe this issue has been fixed although no download is yet available.
Matters delayed until some outstanding bits and pieces are sorted.
If your system hangs when you have other applications open and it says low memory thats not a RB fault.
With 256mb you are pushing your PC quite hard and it can't cope.
Yip I know thanks
Quote from: AirNav Support on October 26, 2009, 03:37:09 PM
If your system hangs when you have other applications open and it says low memory thats not a RB fault.
With 256mb you are pushing your PC quite hard and it can't cope.
XP in 512MB is fairly chronic these days, and Vista in 1GB is dreadful.
Quote from: Fenris on October 26, 2009, 04:55:47 PM
Vista in 1GB is dreadful.
Vista is dreadful, period :-)
Quote from: DaveReid on October 26, 2009, 05:12:02 PM
Quote from: Fenris on October 26, 2009, 04:55:47 PM
Vista in 1GB is dreadful.
Vista is dreadful, period :-)
It's a lot more stable than XP ever was for me, and quite a few XP traits are cured. It improved out of all proportion after SP1 in particular. But it needs 2GB of RAM, or it will run like a dog.
I only run Windows for Radarbox though, everything else is done under Fedora.
Just to say in the end I rebuilt my machine as I could get it to stop hanging in ARNB. Since then it has been fine. Thanks to Brian (Fenris) for his help.
Graham
what do you mean by rebuilt my machine? a format followed by a clean install of xp or vista?
or something else? i have a similar problem but not with rb
ciao
frank