AirNav Systems Forum

AirNav Radar => AirNav Radar Discussion => Topic started by: phil zech on November 11, 2009, 07:54:59 AM

Title: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: phil zech on November 11, 2009, 07:54:59 AM
Morning All,

Has anyone else noticed this.........

Whenever I have  My Flights/Network up and running.

I click on each row and if a photo is not showing it will normally download a photo from Airliners.net.

However since the network became up and running recently, when I click on an aircraft without photo but showing Airline, Reg , Type , C/N  to the right of were photo should be, it downloads the photo OK but I lose all info apart from Reg and maybe route info to right of photo.

This has happened before , again when the network was down for a lenghty period.

I hope this is just as a result of the server problems.



Regards

Phil
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: ACW367 on November 11, 2009, 08:25:12 AM
Phil

I am also experiencing this today.  Aircraft that had data in all fields before picture download from Anet are having the data deleted. The only thing that remains in database explorer after a picture populate are fields AR, AT and LK. I only download 1 picture so don't know if LK2 would also populate. 

ACW367
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: DaveReid on November 11, 2009, 08:58:31 AM
The server is currently returning minimal information for a given hex code: registration and not much else.

I assume that's connected with the reported database corruption and isn't intended behaviour.  Not sure why that's wiping out details that you already have in your local database, though.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: EK01 on November 11, 2009, 10:50:25 AM
Dave,

I do not seem to be getting any airline logos appearing in the interface. This did not happen before. I know that the logos are linked to the flight ID's which I am getting. Could this be linked to the server problems. Are you getting the logos displayed and, if so, any suggestions ?

Ian
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: Runway 31 on November 11, 2009, 10:59:12 AM
I,m getting photos and logo's OK.  v3.08
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: EK01 on November 11, 2009, 11:04:00 AM
Runway 31,

Thanks for that. I was getting the photos and all the other information. Switched off the RB and switched on again and now the logos are there ok. Very strange.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: Aerotower on November 11, 2009, 11:56:20 AM
My database is to be out run by the database server. I only appears in the record, the type of aircraft and the hex code. Anybody know what's going on?

P. S. I'm losing my database.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: PaulB on November 11, 2009, 04:43:05 PM
I had the same problem yesterday (using 3.08 on XP) when playing a recorded file from last Saturday (when photos were not being download due to the system problems). With the preference set to auto-download photos (1 or 2) then for aircraft with no current photos and either 0 or 2 photos available to download then it was wiping out the aircraft settings in NavData for AN, AC and CN  and setting PT, PT2 and LK2 to blank. In all cases PT was set to "http://www.airliners.net/L/". For those aircraft that had 2 photos to download one was correctly placed in the Data/Photo folder. I think it seemed to cope with aircarft with only a single photo to download - but can't be totally sure about that. Does this all make sense?

I haven't yet used the RadarBox itself since the weekend so can't comment on whether  this happens in a live situation.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: PaulB on November 11, 2009, 04:44:23 PM
Sorry in last post should have said LK was set to "http://www.airliners.net/L/" not PT.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: Bat 21 on November 11, 2009, 05:14:34 PM
Yep Paul,

      I am seeing the same thing in LK - and only 1 photo is downloaded for any new aircraft
- both network aircraft I click on and the ones my box picks up via the antenna.

Iam sure Airnav will be on the case once they are confident the network is fully stable

   Cheers Bat 21
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: Aerotower on November 11, 2009, 09:10:43 PM
If the database server is to transmit all data would be best to shut down the server and correct the errors.

And not what is happening, which is the server is on and destroy the database of each user.

I'm losing all my data!
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: AirNav Support on November 11, 2009, 09:59:28 PM
We are looking into this, you can switch off the photo download and aircraft updates in Preferences if you are having issues.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: EK01 on November 12, 2009, 10:45:07 AM
Photos are downloading ok with me. However, I have noticed that the information to the right of the photo shown is now no longer giving the c/n's for that aircraft. I am still using 3.07 version.

Edit: AirNav just to perhaps help out on that one. When you highlight a particular flight, a photo downloads fairly quickly with all the relevant information alongside it ie c/n, aircraft type, routing etc but within a few seconds, what appears to be an updated photo of the same aircraft will appear but with no additional information alongside it. This new photo remains and there appears to be no way of getting back the original photo showing the additional information.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: Aerotower on November 12, 2009, 12:31:53 PM
AirNav Good afternoon! The problem on the server is already solved?

Thanks
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: dunc8543 on November 12, 2009, 12:49:37 PM
Hi guys,
I am still only getting 1 picture at best for each aircraft.
On my system i have logged 754 aircraft in the last 2 days and am showing 248 pics.
Anyone else got the same problem ?

Dunc
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: pcochrane12 on November 12, 2009, 01:29:29 PM
yep  fault with me dunc is i'm only getting one photo per aircraft  even though selected for two
paul
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: phil zech on November 12, 2009, 04:56:07 PM
Still losing information when picture has been downloaded,  whereas Airline, Reg, C/N , Type , Route held before , after download of picture all that is left is Reg and flight number.

On lines with no info, click on line brings up photo ,but only reg and flightnumber.

Please can we have some update on this.

Regards

Phil
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: DaveReid on November 12, 2009, 05:27:52 PM
Quote from: phil zech on November 12, 2009, 04:56:07 PMStill losing information when picture has been downloaded,  whereas Airline, Reg, C/N , Type , Route held before , after download of picture all that is left is Reg and flight number.

On lines with no info, click on line brings up photo ,but only reg and flightnumber.

Please can we have some update on this.

Recommended fix, for the time being, is to disable download of aircraft details/photos.

See www.airnavsystems.com/forum/index.php?topic=3795.msg37594#msg37594

Probably not what you wanted to hear...
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: phil zech on November 12, 2009, 05:37:35 PM
Dave,

Thanks for that.

Not good news !


Hopefully some news soon

Cheers

Phil
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: AirNav Development on November 12, 2009, 07:45:14 PM
We are checking this issue right now.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: ACW367 on November 13, 2009, 06:55:40 AM
Development, you may wish to note that this issue is not limited to 3.08, i am experiencing it still using 3.06.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: AirNav Support on November 13, 2009, 03:48:40 PM
This is the server issue, so it occurs on any version, we are aware of that.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: pcochrane12 on November 13, 2009, 05:57:43 PM
support is the server issue causing only 1 picture to be downloaded

cheers paul

keep up the good work new version looks great
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: AirNav Development on November 13, 2009, 10:08:15 PM
We can confirm we are still working on this problem. It will take 2 to 4 days to be corrected.
Title: Re: Downloading Photos in Network
Post by: Aerotower on November 13, 2009, 10:10:50 PM
Keep up the good work!

   
Do not rush
Let it be a job well done